Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

Greetings, This is a guitar my friend had and he asked if I could carve it for him. Been working on it for a couple months and someone made me post photos so Here they are. Enjoy!

[ Edited by: MooneyTiki 2010-10-05 07:01 ]

[ Edited by: MooneyTiki 2010-10-09 03:28 ]

[ Edited by: MooneyTiki 2010-10-24 10:28 ]

T

That looks absolutely great!

Man, that's just too cool!

Deeeaaaamn, Mooney!!! That piece looks unbelievable! Cant wait to see the finished product.. :o WoW!!!

MOONEY, My MAN! That is the Bomb! I've always been scared to sink gouges into a guitar! Much applause over here!!!

I think I just pooped myself!

Man!!!Thats way kool.

S

Oh my! Wow you have outdone yourself. Nice nice look at that.
There is a allot of planning and detail work in there. Love it!

L
laojia posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 9:05 PM

I can't believe my eyes, this carving is incredible!!!

B

Mooney my friend !

This stuff is unbelievably amazing.
This telecaster will cost 1000 times more now ! And it's not finished yet !!!

If it's a Telecaster, the wood's got to be maple, isn't it ?

Bravo,

Benjamin.

P.S: you got to update more often.

H

Absolutely fabulous work there!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jun 4, 2009 12:23 AM

awsome!!!

B

superbe!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jun 4, 2009 4:27 AM

Wow, man! Mooney that iz a killer axe! Love the Mooney waves! Choice!

-G$

B

I hate you, you talented bastard! Just kidding ....sorta.

Looks awesome and you still have all your fingers!

well.......i don't know about you all out in tiki land but when i get home i'm just going throw out all my tools away and set my garage on fire.....really, whats the point after seeing your guitar........maybe i should just collect stamps or something.

great @#$%-ing work man!!!!!!!!!!!!

SD

That is SICK!

B

Mooney, Seems like I've been seeing this Awesome piece for awhile now, About time you shared the beauty. You have Really stepped up a few notches.
I can't say enough about how amazing this one is!

Heres a link yo that Wecheer Micromotor engraver for 44$
http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/WecheerPowerTools/WecheerMicroEngraver.htm

And here for $42.95
http://www.texaswoodcarvers.com/Tool_Catalog/Wecheer.htm

:o That's Incredible!! :o

seriously, THAT is cool!

Mooney!

Beautiful work, my wave sliding friend!

I think you've found your new calling!

Some wonderful sounds are going to come from that work of art!

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 5:21 PM

Wow, how cool is that! I really want to see how it finishes out.
Will you stain it, paint it? What?!
Bitchennnnn!

Wow!!!You all are 2 kind!! Sorry it's been a while since a post busy with a few carvings and the Family!!!
Tiki Mango-Much appreciated words.

Texas Tikigod-Mahalo my friend!
Freddie B-Summer makin it to you finally.Thanks 4 the nice words brother.
Surfintiki-Your words are very kind.How you been hopefully good.your carvings look great.
Alohastation-Your stuff is lookin amazing and thanks for the mental smell!ha ha much apreciated and see ya at Hukilau!
Watango Productions-Mahalo mt friend for the kind words much appreciated!
Seeksurf-catchin any surf my friend?I appreciate the nice words.I just got lucky how it all is flowing together,but I have a couple more ideas for a couple more Guitars in the future,so I'll just keep havin fun as I go,alohha and get some surf my friend!

Laojia,Mahalo my friend!
benella-how u been my friend?hopefully good and you carvings R loking Good,I wasn't sure if my friend liked the guitar after all of you and your nice words I think he will really B into it!Mahalo for your always appreciated words!

Hilander-You and every one are all 2 kind with your nice words!Mahalo
Kirby-Mahalo my friend!
GMAN-Wow Have you really got it giong on over at your home with your carvings!I really dig you latest piece of art VERY Cool!!I'm glad that you like the AX!Hopefully I wont monkey it up now!Mahalo

Bohemiann-My wife got a good laugh at your comment and so did I!!!hahaha I wasn't gonna post the guitar a little laid back these days(just carvin and havin fun)and a little bad at the computer thing.Mahalo my friend!
Creative Chimp-Don't burn down the garage because I'll have 2 come put the Fire out (being a Firefighter and all)so step back and start Slayin some more Wood and havin fun my friend and thanks 4 a good laugh,Mahalo my friend!
Skinny dog-Mahalo and how are things in the windy city?I will be up im michigan for vacation in a few weeks and chillin on Lake Michigan,Mahalo my friend

Benzart-Thanks for your time Sensay!I very much appreciat it and hangin out carvin and I have a couple more Ideas for some future Telecaster carvings that I want to do.Mahalo my friend!

Tiki duddy-I'm a glad you like the Tele.Mahalo for the Cool words my friend!
Lake-You stuff is lookin sweet my friend!and you know me got 2 have a Surf flow glad you liked it!
Bowana-Mahalo for the kind words!I'm gonna Stain it and have a friend who makes guitars spray it Professionaly with a clear LAQ,so the finish will set it off but I still have a bunch of detail to go,Mahalo my friend

Wow you al are very kind with your words!I appreciate them all!Still alot of work to go on this piece to finish in the next couple weeks.Mahalo to all,Aloha, Mooney

B

Jimmy, Has it been a week yet?
You finished yet?
Got More photos yet?
We're all drooling here, Need some updates soon!
See 'ya soon my friend.

B

bump

mooney..... where are you with fotos of this most awesome guitar? i would love to see the finished product.

bd

Bump ... way to keep em waiting.... come on Mooney finish and post .......PLEASEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry but been on Holiday for over a month.just got back and am finishin a Tiki sign for a friend right now and wil be back on track with the Fender Telecaster. Sorry for the delay and Mahalo to all for the nice words,Aloha, Mooney

S

Cool cool. You had some lake surf. That sounds like a good time. No salt but
waves. What event where you in that area for?

I had a good 8 days in a row of surf.
4 foot swell most of the days was OK.

Looks like I'm taking the summer off from carving thus far.

bump.... where are the pics

Aloha to all and thank you for all the kind words! I appreciat it. After a bit of proddin from a good friend and most talented Artist(you may know him Benzart)I'm posting a couple other pieces that I have been workin on.wasn't sure about postin the tiki sign but Ben assured me that no one would fry me for carvin it at least I hope not.Mahalo to all!
The start of the tiki sign after I put all the wood together.

diddn't want to bore you with all the other pics,so here is the finished Tiki sign just in time for Surf Expo in Orlando.

close up of tiki sign.

I'v got a bunch more projects to finish and I'll post as I finish them. Mahalo to all and Aloha, your friend, Mooney

Nice job on the sign Mooney...I wouldn't expect you to get "toasted" or
"fried" for that. Very tastefully done.

Very nice!! What wood did you use?

SURF THIS WEEKEND!!! You may be getting a call Saturday am.

Nice! Really sweet carve. You should bore us with at least a few of the progress pic's. Like the bone boarder and the back ground stain really brings out the tiki and lettering.

no doubt that is the coolest guitar ever! what kind of colors and finish are you gonna use?

Aloha to all!!!
Thanks conga for the comp much appreciated!
Aloha,Glad U got some surf next time stay the next day it was Chest high and peelin lefts and rights and just me and one other guy gettin those glassy waves for 2hrs (Secret spot)so come on up next time and I'll share the spot with a friend
Tikilizard,thanks and I'll post some more pics
Kingstiedye,How you been my friend?Hopefully good,I'll be back at the guitar next week.I have to finish a small mask and a custom tiki for a client and possibly 2 more as well, and then I will be finishing the Fender and another Fender in the works for another friend. I wonder when I will be able to work on my own projects?ha ha It's all good fun either waytake care my friend and mahalo for the nice words.
Here are some pics of a mask with my surf spin on it.

Ok Surf Break from carving!OuterBanks Left on my 8'6" Ricky Carroll Quad.

Ok back to carving.surf sceen on headress.

T

Nice design. That headress looks tricky...

Mahalo TheBigT for the kind words, and your right the headress has a bit of challenge in it.Looks relativly easy just drawin it,but I have had to nagotiate all over the place to make it work.I'll have pics on wed or thursday of that.I'm about 3days behind the current progress,but I'll show you the next newist pics now.
workin on the face and headress coming on wednesday.

front shot.

I will let ya in on the suprises in this carving as I get closer to the end of this carve,and I hope you will like them.

B

Cool looking tiki Mooney, and that is an Awesome log, Short but BIG. Lookin' forward to your visit this week.

Beautiful work Mooney, carving on that wood and carving on that wave!

Love the new mask, some great curves going on!

Hope you scored from Bill, I saw some incredible pics of the surf.

I got me some salty out in California after Oasis, and brought home a new fish to try out on the lake.

Still waiting on surf season here though.

L

This last one turning good! I like so much its proportion.

J.

Aloha to all!
Benzart,Mahalo , Your right the coconut is a bit stout, but I'm havin fun workin it with the chisels and sweatin my rear off as well. see you soon.
Lake How have you been your crankin out some really nice stuff and how was oasis? Well hopefully I can make the curver in the mask all work and flow I guess we will see, and yes I scored 3 fun surf sessions in 2 days out of trop storm Bill and we should B gettin wave this week and weekend.
Laojia,Thanks for the nice words much appreciated.
I have a few new pics from more work on the Mask. I know it doesn't look like a mask yet and thats because I like to keep the log whole while I'm carvin because sometimes I've cracked em while carvin , but the back will B cut off soon.
1st shot is of the start of the rough carve on the wave and palm trees.

progress shot of the wave and the trees

more depth will go into the headress just workin it down right now.

front view of the whole mask.A little crazy lookin but it will really clean up when I put color to it.

Mahalo to all for stoppin by,Aloha, Mooney

Aloha to all!!!
Meant to post a while back but just found the pics.forgive me but all I have today are some progress shots of our 4'x7' Bar top Island in our kitchen complete with Bamboo wrap around the Cabinets.I will dig up the rest of the pics,but the top took me 3weeks to wood burn.
right side of bar top

over view of a bit over half of top.It's really tuff to get the whole bar top in a pic.

left side of top and you can barely see the drawing of th wave on the backround

L

front view of the whole mask.A little crazy lookin but it will really clean up when I put color to it.

"A little crazy lookin"!!?? Rather a awesome totaly crazy lookin!!!! Too strong mooney!

J.

You are way too talented! More surf on the way - looks like a repeat of last weekend. Can't make it Friday but maybe Saturday morning?

B

Jimmy, that mask is really too good. did you Really do that? Incredible piece with its deep bold details. Beautiful!

S

Hell ya! Looking great! the head is coming alive. Your flat 2d image carvings
are amazing.

I also like the surf shot clean good size and warm water i imagine.
About 56 deg around here that's hot for me.

T

Wow, from nice sketch to awesome carve. Great work. Love your bar top. Great drawing skills you have.

T

I missed this. Wow, incredible.

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies