Papagayo Organic Golden Rum

Pages: 1 4 replies

PD

From Paraguay.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-9636.aspx

Has anyone tried it?

R
rupe33 posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 5:35 AM

Have had their white rum, seems to be available around here (DC). It's pretty good and reasonably priced. Will keep an eye out for the golden. Based on the white, I would definitely be interested in trying it.

Cheers,
Rupe

I just picked up a bottle of the Papagayo gold organic rum last night. I tried it neat, then added just a little water to cut the alcohol and bring out the flavor. Overall, I'm quite impressed with it's smoothness and robust flavor. Would I buy it again? Perhaps, but at CN$29.95 for 700ml, it's a little pricier than most of the other imported rums. Definitely a rum I would drink neat or on the rocks. Don't know if I'd want to mix it, as I think the flavor would be overwhelmed by other rums or mixers.

My two cents. :)

I bought a bottle in the local supermarket (Tesco or ASDA - can't remember which).
I would say it was OK for mixing but not good enough to drink on it's own.
It was pretty reasonable price wise - close to supermarket own brand pricing.

J

Yikes! I accidentally bought a bottle of the Papagayo Spiced Rum and couldn't even imagine using it in a drink. I ended up pawning it off on a bunch of unsuspecting drunks at a BYOB room party at Oasis. Really not tasty stuff.

Pages: 1 4 replies