Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Looking to make Tiki friends in the SF Bay Area

Pages: 1 7 replies

P
pharos posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 1:11 PM

I'm 42 and interested in meeting other Tiki enthusiasts who would like to hang out at Forbidden Island or the Conga Lounge and shoot the breeze on a regular basis. Some of my many interests include B-Movies, Lounge Music, Polynesian food and a good PiƱa Colada. If you have similar interests drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Mahalo.

Pharos

[ Edited by: pharos 2009-06-07 13:28 ]

J

The easiest way to make tiki friends in the bay area is to show up at Forbidden Island any Wednesday night and ask the bartender to point you towards the TC people. There are always at least a couple of us there every Wednesday. You should also consider attending the Tiki Crawl in July. You'll find tons of us there. That's where I met most of the locals for the first time a few years ago.

P
pharos posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 3:29 PM

Thank you JenTiki.

Pharos

[ Edited by: pharos 2009-06-07 15:30 ]

L

You don't wanna make friend with these people!
All they do is drink rum and collect overpriced ceramics.

Stay far, far away!!!!

P
pharos posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 4:44 PM

Does your message end with a smiley face or a sad face, leleliz? :)

Pharos

[ Edited by: pharos 2009-06-07 16:45 ]

P

Nice meeting some of you last night at Forbidden Island. Hopefully will meet up again next Wednesday.

Mahalo.

Wait, what? There are Tiki people in SF?
Joking of course. You are in the perfect place to meet some serious tikiphiles.

MT

Pharos, it was good meeting and hangin' with you last Wednesday at Forbidden Island. Keep your eyes on the Wednesdays at Forbidden Island thread. When enough of us work up a powerful thirst, which happens more frequently than not (hey, we're a thirsty bunch), we'll usually post that we're headed over to Forbidden Island for thirst quenching festivities. Hope to see you there. Cheers!

Pages: 1 7 replies