Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Skipper Kent's Genghis Khan Mug

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

I found this mug recently and was wondering if any TCer's had any info on this guy. I've never scene this version before. I did not know that the Genghis Khan mug was used at Skipper Kent's, kinda cool!

Ma halo!

oops

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2009-06-08 22:26 ]

wow, so different, especially that glaze...& underneath! never seen one like that. that is a major score my friend. congrats!!

K

I will not tell a lie... I don't have that one.

Score for you! Lucky duck!

I have a pair of the ones from Trader Vic's and they look completely different.

I have never seen one from Skipper Kent's before. It's a pretty scary looking mug for sure. That glaze is so different than mine for sure.

T

Thanks guys, it's got that hobbyist kinda feel about it yet it has the markings from a certain Tiki location. It's unique for sure.

T

Did you get a PM with an offer to buy it yet?

On 2009-06-09 16:01, Tikinomad wrote:
Thanks guys, it's got that hobbyist kinda feel about it yet it has the markings from a certain Tiki location. It's unique for sure.

I was gonna ask about the weight, it looks like a brick from your photos. Ive got one or two that are hefty, like tepco quality & a group of others that are lighter/thinner construction that feel like hobbyist quality.
Either way, thats has always been one of my favorite mugs & yours is a doozy! It looks like it sat on some kinda base that likely held a candle to keep the drink warm? thats the only way i can explain the crazy circular cutout underneath...
Seeing stuff like this brings out the tiki geek in me. Im practically giddy over here!
You're in New Jersey? Did you find this in your area?

Ha ha, I did have some interest but I'm going to hold onto this guy, I'm more focused on collecting vintage Tiki mugs, Spanish tiki's and Witco so this guy will have a good home!

It is very heavy! I actually got it from an antique shop in Georgia that had a shop on ebay. I paid $6.99 for it and when I bought it I did not know about the markings on the bottom till I got it in the mail and unwrapped it, when I flipped it over I was so surprised! I'm a bit of a Tiki geek myself and I too was a bit, well "giddy" when I saw the Skipper Kents markings! :)

Pages: 1 8 replies