Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Tikiyaki Orchestra - New CD out June 27th ! *

Pages: 1 40 replies

Now preparing for departure : THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA - "SWINGIN' SOUNDS FOR THE JUNGLE JETSET !"

FLIGHT DATE : June 27th

HUGE CD RELEASE SHINDIG at DON THE BEACHCOMBER: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32533&forum=17

THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA, "Swingin Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" - 12 ALL ORIGINAL NEW TRACKS of classic style Exotica, Lounge, Crime Jazz, and a little bit o' surf twang goodness...

First single "Singapore Swing" now playing at http://www.tikiyakiairways.com - Click the "In Flight Music" button and enjoy !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-06-27 00:12 ]

sounds great Jim,
can't wait to hear the whole thing,
and see the show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Thanx Jeff. I will hopefully have a few more song clips up to check out in the next day or so.

M

The new Tikiyaki Orchestra CD! Goto get it! Goto get it!
I finally ordered and received the ol'"StreoExotique" a few days ago (a great buy!). It's a bit expensive to get these all the way up here in Quebec but worth every penny. Anyway I think I should have waited and ordered both of them together... Oh well. Paypal, here I come.

[ Edited by: Mythiki 2009-06-16 14:11 ]

T

On 2009-06-16 14:03, Mythiki wrote:
The new Tikiyaki Orchestra CD! Goto get it! Goto get it!
I finally ordered and received the ol'"StreoExotique" a few days ago (a great buy!). It's a bit expensive to get these all the way up here in Quebec but worth every penny. Anyway I think I should have waited and ordered both of them together... Oh well. Paypal, here I come.

[ Edited by: Mythiki 2009-06-16 14:11 ]

Mythiki...the shipping for Canada is the same price as US shipping...$4. Just curious.... Did you order from Tikiyakiorchestra.com ?

Sounds GREAT!

Can't wait to here the whole CD!

TM

High praise coming from a top, pro bass player (Dartin Menny)!!!

Yes, these guys are simply one of the most awesome bands of any genre going today. I liked them the first time I heard them and knew they would be a smash hit!
I like the whole concept, and the amount of work Jim must have put into this project is staggering, but well worth the effort. It's consistent quality each and every time, which is hard to do.

Every musician in the band is superb. I mean everyone! But I have to say my favorite is Squid. The guy is an amazing drummer, and I don't mind saying so, (even though he has made it very clear he does not think much of MY playing!!!)

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2009-06-16 16:16 ]

T

Thanx Dartin...high praise indeed.

Lucas....thanx ! I'm pretty darn sure Squid thinks highly of your playing. It's that BONG character your consort with.....now that's another story. :P

M
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.