Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

just saying what's up

Pages: 1 5 replies

1P

hello ,everyone I'm new here I found this Forum and think It's super cool there are so many Tiki people here cool.how much have I missed? I dont have a very big collection of mugs I mostly collect one of a kind carvings, and also Tiki statues like (cocojoes) anyone else prefer them over mugs? or is this a minority?

1P

On 2003-04-07 21:36, 151 proof wrote:
hello ,everyone I'm new here I found this Forum and think It's super cool there are so many Tiki people here cool.how much have I missed? I dont have a very big collection of mugs I mostly collect one of a kind carvings, and also Tiki statues like (cocojoes) anyone else prefer them over mugs? or is this a minority?

MC

I like mugs myself. They work better in my tiny apartment.

S

My condo is about 1800 sq. ft. Not bad, I guess, for So Cal. It certainly has gained tremendous value over the past 3 years.

I have extensively decorated with bamboo & thatch-covered walls, primitive art (masks & weapons - even 100-year-old Borneo head hunter masks), tiki bar and all the rest. In one corner of my living room there is an 8-9 foot high rainforest fountain with a 5-foot tall Leroy Schmaltz tiki nearby. I'm fortunate to be on the 3-storey, so I have 14 foot high cathedral ceilings. I also have a modest display of vintage tiki mugs over my backbar.

I guess the deciding factor is how much available space do you have and how cleverly you arrange it.

Aloha 151 proof and Welcome to the Tribe! There are many of us here who collect more than just mugs. I too, collect one of a kind carvings as well as CocoJoe's Hawaiian souvenirs, Hawaiian & Exotica LP's, Advertising, Menus...the list goes on and on. Regarding CocoJoe's, I'm sure your not in the minority. As a matter of fact, that's what got ME started in collecting tiki.

Where are you located? We have quite a few events in the coming months. Come out and meet us!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-27 08:40 ]

Aloha 151!!! (cool name!)
What's up? The sky is up!!! Ye-ha! Welcome!!! And, enjoy!

Pages: 1 5 replies