Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Updated Ted Haigh cocktail book

Pages: 1 12 replies

The Doctor's updated "Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails" comes out on July 1st!

I love the original, and am excited for the new edition...especially with this description: "This new book is hardcover. The cover is water resistant. The result of a clever binding trick, the book opens to any page and lies flat."

http://www.alcademics.com/2009/06/new-version-of-new-book-on-old-drinks.html

V

Just got Ted Haigh's 'Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails' revised edition. It is loaded with great recipes and stories about each. It is a fascinating read for cocktail lovers.

S

I agree, the first edition has become well used and worn at our home bar.

The second edition is even better, more recipes, pictures, history, and it stays open to the page you open it to, I highly recommend it.

A must have for any fan of mixology/cocktails

My copy arrived in the mail last night and while I've yet to read through it or make any of the drinks, I can already recommend this book highly. It's beautiful, with many interesting and classic recipes.

I'm late to the party, but just picked up a copy for myself yesterday and HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book. THUMBS UP !!!

S

I have a LOT of cocktail books, and if i ever got rid of any, this would be in the top three i'd keep. When the revised edition came out i gave the original to a young (compared to me) bartender friend. The majority of my most favourite cocktails come from this book.

ARRRGGGHHH! I have to buy more books?! I have the first book by Ted Haigh and have made my way through 80% of it. As others have said, it's well worth it. Also, David Wondrich's books are a "must have." If Jeff Berry comes out with more books, I'm screwed. :D

D

I highly recommend Jim Meehan's PDT COCKTAIL BOOK, which is being published next month. It's essential, I think.

If you want an all-in-one-volume, the new edition of MR. BOSTON, also out next month, is very good, too. It's amazing how different -- and how much better -- that book is than 20 years ago.

T

On 2011-10-25 11:14, djmont wrote:
I highly recommend Jim Meehan's PDT COCKTAIL BOOK, which is being published next month. It's essential, I think.

If you want an all-in-one-volume, the new edition of MR. BOSTON, also out next month, is very good, too. It's amazing how different -- and how much better -- that book is than 20 years ago.

The PDT book is out now. Got mine! (very cheap on Amazon.com)

Jack

D

On 2011-10-25 11:23, tabuzak wrote:

Jack

Isn't it great? Terrific book.

T

On 2011-10-25 12:17, djmont wrote:

On 2011-10-25 11:23, tabuzak wrote:

Jack

Isn't it great? Terrific book.

It is.

And so is PDT and Jim Meehan. I have spent more Sundays there than
probably any other bar in this lifetime. ; -)

LOL! I have some old (60s-70s) copies of Mr Boston. Every ingredient is a Mr Boston liquor.

T

On 2011-10-25 13:00, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:

LOL! I have some old (60s-70s) copies of Mr Boston. Every ingredient is a Mr Boston liquor.

Yeah! It's a whole different world - authoritative.

Pages: 1 12 replies