Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for back-to-back candle holder from Trader Vic

Pages: 1 8 replies

So I was in Vic's last week, and we loved the little Back-to-back candle holder thingamajig on our table. I've been to their site, and they don't sell them there. Does anyone know where you can get one?

[ Edited by: Boscorooty 2009-06-21 12:43 ]

I've been wanting one of those for a long time, too.

He's pictured here, for anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about.

http://www.soocool.com/gallery/photos/original/trader_vics_9974_crop.jpg

I don't believe you can.They don't sell them to the public.

J

They had some at last year's warehouse sale, but they were quite expensive. I think I remember they were around $60 each.

Give the fine folks at Oceanic Arts of Whittier, California a ring. I got some from them several years ago. Perhaps they still have some. Good luck.

-Weird Unc

These lamps are still being carved and sold to Trader Vic's. At the warehouse sale, these sold for $75.00 each (I know because I was with someone who bought one).

If you contact Kier at the TV warehouse (see the TV warehouse sale thread), she can probably order one for you. Keep in mind the newer ones have glass shades, as opposed to the older ones with the rawhide shades.

Hope this helps!

PTD

Duane I think you have it the other way around.The new ones have fiberglass shades
and the older ones have the glass shades .I need to see this TV wherehouse.

Bill,

You could be right, however I remember looking for the ones with the fiberglass shades because Kier told us they didn't make them anymore and the only ones they could still buy were the ones with glass shades.

Here is a picture...

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-06-23 17:50 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies