Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Trader Vic's Chinese Oven for sale

Pages: 1 7 replies

Well, to make a long story short, I am one of the victims of foreclosures. I found out last week that my landlord decided to stop paying their mortgage and I will soon be homeless as the house is going up for auction on July 9th.

As a result I am clearing out some bigger items that I cannot move with me anymore. My loss is your gain. So up for sale is a super rare Trader Vic's Chinese Oven!

The good: This Chinese Oven is (as far as I can tell) completely intact. It has all the original pieces with it. The tray, the drip pan, the grills, the covers, the wheels work and it still smokes up a charm!

The bad: It's really old and because of that its a bit rusty on the outside. The front panel is rusted shut, but if you put enough elbow grease into it, I am confident you can get it open and function as it did originally. (Please see the last picture)

I would like to get $300 for it. And you will need to come and pick it up. I live in San Jose, CA.

Let me know if you would like to see more images...

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu 2009-06-24 09:53 ]

What? No Raiders logo?
I know, you're a Cowboy fan.

Hope you sell it and find a better home.

What ever happened to Rum Numb Davey BTW? I checked and he hasn't posted in over two years...I wonder how his Chinese Oven experience went?

Personally I like it in basic black. :)

Is the asking price too high? Or is everyone broke because of the wonderful economy? :)

If the person who is interested in the Chinese Oven is here on TC, please send me a PM as it appears that replying to your emails isn't working correctly. :)

Just to close the loop on this. I sold the Chinese Oven a few weeks ago. A gentleman from the Bay Area bought it to replace the one he had been using for years, but finally wore out.

Thanks for the people here who expressed interest.

O
ogg posted on Wed, Nov 12, 2014 7:30 AM

Hi -

I'm about 4 years too late for this thread. However, I'm hoping someone will read this post and let me know if they ever come across a Trader Vic Chinese Oven / barbecue for sale. I'd love to buy one.

Thanks,

Ogg

Pages: 1 7 replies