Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mid Century Dallas gem w/"tiki" area

Pages: 1 8 replies

I came across this on a favorite site of mine...there are no words to describe this shangrila...
http://retrorenovation.com/2008/09/04/1957-dallas-round-house-a-truly-incredible-midcentury-time-capsule-spotted-by-tess/
ENJOY!!

Very nice! When I was 16, my boss had a round house with much the same mid-century style, but on a somewhat smaller scale. I was in that same house just last year and it had great potential for remodeling... in other words it's falling apart!

That's one slick piece of work.

Who's the architect, I didn't see it in the article. It kinda looked like Bruce Goff on valium.

S

Make yourself at home... MR. BOND!!!

What an amazing house!

It was indeed Goff!
Good eye!

It was indeed Goff!
Good eye!
There's a link after the 5th or so picture to the Dallas Morning News article (2nd shot mentions Goff). 10 more eye-popping shots.
Grande Kahu ought to be able to tell us more about this.

Is Texas cool or what......

Well, how about "Goff-plus" or "Goff and Friends"? Though I have never seen the documents indicating architect of record, but have only seen it repeated through popular legend that it is indeed a Goff design. However, some of the more, shall we say, authoritative voices in Dallas architecture have told me that the original owner was indeed a Goff enthusiast, but that the final product was influenced by Goff's designs and completed by students/associates of Goff.

In any case, a totally groovy pad with the all-important tiki bar - and don't forget the indoor pool nearby...

GK

"Faux-Goff"

A new architectural term....

But I'll take Goff-inspired/approved architecture over my little bungalow ANY day!!

Pages: 1 8 replies