Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Need a tiki carved in Florida. HELP!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

We have an event at the end of July and I needed two Tikis carved about 24 inches tall. I used a great place last time Mai Tiki in Cocobeach but I have not gotten any response from them and I only have about 3 or 4 weeks. I thought I better get some ideas on where else I can go. Does anyone have info on a good Tiki carver that I can use and be able to pick up the Tikis close to the Orlando Florida area? If I have to I will get them delivered.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jun 29, 2009 8:16 AM

Contact TikiMango!

He lives in Satellite Beach.

Ray is a great tiki carver and could use the gig I'm sure. Be sure to check out the various TikiMango threads that are posted here on T.C. for examples of his work.

Thanks for the support TikiG, but July will be busy for me.

Tikiman2001, it might help if you list where you live or where the tikis need to get to, what the function is, and what you want the tikis to look like. There are a number of Florida carvers as members of this board, and they may already have something in their inventories that will fit your needs... but no one will know without more info from you.

I live in California but I will be in Florida for the event. I get there on July 28th and need to pick the tikis up before the 4th of August. I have photos I can email of the last tiki and a sketch of the second one. Both are 24” tall and about 10” diameter. This is for an event I do at Disney world for readers of my web site and I always promote on my site and in my news letter who I use for these things. The tiki design is not complicated but it does look similar to the one on my site (the face) and usually it says the name of the event on the back. One will have a special design on the forehead that is for someone celebrating a birthday at the event. I can email photos.
Thanks for the help guys. Hope something works out.

Did you try calling Wayne from Mai Tiki? the numbers on his website are (321)783-6890 Fax:(321) 799-8650

Bob Ho from Tikihana.com is another carver you can try. He recently moved to Ft Lauderdale...
So you might want to try him as well. His e-mail is [email protected]

On 2009-06-29 10:22, Tikigoob wrote:
Did you try calling Wayne from Mai Tiki? the numbers on his website are (321)783-6890 Fax:(321) 799-8650

Bob Ho from Tikihana.com is another carver you can try. He recently moved to Ft Lauderdale...

I tried to call today and the number says disconnected. I even went back to the web site and it won't open. I sent two emails with no response. The last time I heard from them was months ago but I can't wait much longer to get these on order.

I will check out Tikihana now. Thanks.

On 2009-06-29 11:07, AlohaStation wrote:
Cheaper than 2 small ones!!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32804&forum=12&6

Awesome tiki for a great price but we are giving this away at the party in Disney World. Not sure someone can get a 12' tiki home easily. I would come and get it if I could get it back to California without it costing me a ton.

PM sent

I picked one up from Tyler a few months ago, http://tikisbytyler.com/default.aspx - phone 904-235-0742. He's in the Jacksonville area.

If you end up having two tikis shipped in from somewhere and the Disney people can't hold them for you, let me know if you need a place to deliver, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

-adrian

http://mobiletikibar.com

On 2009-06-29 10:45, tikiman2001 wrote:

I tried to call today and the number says disconnected. I even went back to the web site and it won't open. I sent two emails with no response. The last time I heard from them was months ago but I can't wait much longer to get these on order.

The Mai Tiki website is coming up for me... I wonder if by chance he has a VoIP phone, so if his internet was down, his website + phone would be down. You may want to try ringing again.

-adrian

On 2009-06-30 04:00, MobileTikiBar wrote:

On 2009-06-29 10:45, tikiman2001 wrote:

The Mai Tiki website is coming up for me... I wonder if by chance he has a VoIP phone, so if his internet was down, his website + phone would be down. You may want to try ringing again.

-adrian

Wayne sent me an email last night and it looks like they are working on the order.

I do like Tyler’s stuff and I might still get one of the masks and maybe later something for my home (I have a few tikis in the back yard).

If I need to have something delivered they will hold it for me at Disney but I appreciate the offer. I like the mobile tikibar!!

I need to spend more time on the forum. You find good stuff here. Funny thing is I have had this forum on my links page for years.

Pages: 1 11 replies