Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

100 mai tais

Pages: 1 6 replies

I

At the risk of sounding too much like my freshman year dorm roommate, who at the conclusion of drinking his 24th beer, when he wanted to see whether he could drink a case of beer in one day, decided right then to celebrate by sharing the news with his mother, and thus proceeded to telephone her at 3:30 am .... at the risk of sounding too much like him, I share this bit of news with you.

Today I consumed my 100th mai tai at the Honolulu Resturant here in surburban D.C. For some reason, when I first visited the Honolulu and ordered my first mai tai, I saved the little plastic cocktail sword that is used to hold the pineapple and cherry in the drink. This was perhaps 4-5 years ago.

I also saved the 2nd sword, and the 3rd, and I continued to place each mai-tai sword in the middle console section of my car.

Today I had lunch at the Honolulu, had two mai-tais, and decided to count my mai tai swords ..... and there were precisely 100 swords in my console. Oddly enough, while drinking that 100th mai tai, I told David and Anna Chan that I was coming close to the 100 mark.

I thus wish to give thanks here to Dave and Anna Chan for making a mai tai worth returning for, and all my friends who have shared a Honolulu mai tai with me. Perhaps I'll be able to share this honor with more of you as I start drinking my way to 200.

This isn't nearly as impressive as the regular Honolulu visitor who regularly orders 7 Suffering Bastards in one visit, and probably has 100 drinks in a two month span, but for myself it is a worthwhile tiki event.

For added perspective - the number of Honolulu mai tais I have consumed exceeds the number of messages I have posted to TikiCentral.

Vern

M

"Hi, my name is Vern, and I...I...have"

The room: "Hi, Vern!"

I once consumed three Zombies at dinner. Woke up six months later liver living in Beaumont, TX, with a wife named Linda and twins. From that day on, two Zombies, max.

The divorce cost me way too much, was making a mint selling that Amway. Beaumont, nice folk, they do likes their cleaning products.

Midnite's Tiki Craptacular

:drink: :drink:

Wow, Vern! and do I feel proud for having gotten to consume a couple there with you (and still thrilled to have seen The Suffering Bastard Bottomless Pit in action! WOW!)

I raise my mug to you from Texas!

ikitnrev, had I known you were so close to 100 when we all went out last, I would have demanded we stay at Honolulu until you reached the magic number so we could have celibrated with you. Congratulations on your singleminded devotion to achieving this important milestone.

Cheers to you!

J

Here's to 100 more! Congrats!

mai tai, your tai, our tai...

cheers!

Ahhhh, brings back some vague memories.....

I remember my first bottle of rum. The second bottle is a little hazy......

What is the count up to these days?

Pages: 1 6 replies