Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Building of Sneakyjack's Tiki shack

Pages: 1 2 replies

So I am pricing out products to cover an existing structure. I was looking at http://www.bambooandtikis.com for pricing and product. The stuff I'm looking to get is:
Bamboo rolled X4rolls of 1"D x 3'H x 8'L - 2 rows of heavy gauge galvanized wire
Bamboo Panel - 4X8 -t this is to cover the front of the bar
Bamboo Slates - 1.75"D x 6'H x .25" (50 Slats Bundled)

I can post pics of a model of the pre build and the existing structure. I have to ship the stuff to NY and I know it won't be cheap.

Any suggestions of similar places with decent prices and quality goods would be appreciated.

And if anyone has dealt with this site how'd it go?

Mahalo
scale model - fence rolls for the roof - I'll get a shot of existing up soon

Hope to get her done by mid august!

PROF - I like the suggestion - but I'm having a builder help and we did the dimensions and such so its gonna be tough to go for retrofitting "found" items.

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2009-06-30 13:35 ]

I recently did my living room in 1" bamboo paneling on the cheap. I found 4 Ikea room dividers on Craigslist (from 2 different sellers) and sawed them down the middle. I glued the 32" high sections to lauan with liquid nails, then screwed them to the wall. It looks decent and saved me a bundle.

--edit:
Nice model! I see where you're coming from now. My other suggestion would be to deal with Bamboo & Rattan Works in Lakewood, New Jersey. Then you could fill up a truck and save on shipping. Good luck!

[ Edited by: Professor Pineapple 2009-07-01 06:24 ]

W

I hope you put up pictures as this thing progresses, it looks like a great idea so far.

Pages: 1 2 replies