Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

I am selling my collection of Tiki mugs ....

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

Hello everyone. I started my tiki collection back in 1992-ish. Mostly I would pick up tikis at garage sales and thrift stores, but some I purchased online. Anyway, I need to part with them now and do not want the hassel of selling them individually on eBay. Here is a link to my Craigslist posting:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/1247421933.html

Let me know if you are interested. I am located in Sunnyvale, CA.

Thanks,
Bruce
(408) 507-2737

Q

Bruce, I don't want to rain on your parade too much, but I think asking $400 for the collection might be considered wishful thinking. I think the Islander tall mug shown in the back may be worth $30 to $50 and the Mark Thomas Outrigger mug may be worth about $35, but other than that, most of the other pieces can be readily found at flea markets for a buck or two apiece.

..farewell bruce (as in leaving the tiki life)..we hardly knew ye !!

Bruce, unfortunately most of what they say is true. But my tiki eye spies a Kowloon mug in the mix that might bring you closer to your goal. Good luck dude!

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2009-07-01 15:36 ]

T

You shoot for that 400 ..don't let the half-baked tell you different.

M

is that Kowloon mug vintage or one of the new Tiki Farm versions? hard to tell in the blurry photos.

Q

Trestiki: what's your deal man? I offer an opinion and you take a shot at me saying I'm half-baked? Besides, I wasn't belittling the guy, just trying give him an idea of going values.

Bruce: You should probably offer better photo examples of the collection if you want to move those mugs. People aren't going to lay down 400 bucks based on those photos provided. If you have some rare ones in the collection, I would highlight those items with individual photos and some descriptive statements regarding their condition.

Pages: 1 6 replies