Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

South Florida Carving JAM, Ft Lauderdale

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

I agree.... and thank you Ray for the prints..... I didn't get a chance to see them before you left.... Very cool indeed to finally see some new faces in person and personalities to the names.

Gotta a run but thank you to everyone for sharing and especially C & A for hosting. next time I will be able to participate more. Hope it is soon.

Had a great time yesterday hanging with all the tiki folks at C&A. Learned a few things and passed along a little knowledge. I got brave and tried my hand at bone carving which was much less trouble than I thought - expect to see more from me. Also got a lesson on 4-string weaving - which I hope will sink in (that's gonna take some practice). C&A were perfect hosts as there was plenty of space, electricity, shade, food and beverages. It was quite intoxicating hearing the chainsaws buzz, the pounding of chisels and exotic tunes floating in air (maybe it was rum?). Thanks again.

PS. if you find an extra Beach Umbrella it is mine.

That was fun!

Thank you to all of the carvers for sharing tips, tools, techniques, and wood!

Thank you to everyone who brought something for the Pot Luck! Everything was delicious and/or intoxicating. The cake was really spectacular (thanks Lady Finger/Tiger Eye/Mrs. Benzart!) and made its own kind of entertainment for the evening.

Thank you to Aloha Station and Benzart, the pendant is fantastic! I don't think Andy has taken it off yet.

Thank you to Robert Burr Senior and Junior, the Rums were a huge hit. A special thank you to Burr Junior for spending so much time behind the bar and entertaining and enlightening the crowd with rum and drink knowledge.

And thank you to Christie for the glassware. It will look really good filled with a Mai Tai.

Some of the pictures are already posted here: http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7530

As we get more pictures and/or links to pictures we'll share.

]It's good to be FOM!

And we still have some bits and parts left over....

Aloha Station, we have the umbrella.

We also have a lawn chair. A box with a couple of mallets (I'm pretty sure that is yours Benzart).

And a few other odds and ends. If it is important and you need it back soon, send me a PM and we'll figure out when/where/how to get it back to you.

If whatever bits and parts aren't important, we can hang on to them until the next time our paths cross. Maybe we can plan a Mai-Kai Happy hour and everyone can meet in the parking lot and switch stuff around to its proper owner.

One more Mahalo I can't forget about...

Super Thanks to Renee (sp?) for the Ice! Your timing was perfect!

And your arrival was perfect! Early enough to hang with the carvers, late enough to miss the heat of the day. You planned that didn't you..... :wink:

And you have to tell me more about that orchid.... where can I get me one?

Thanks for having everyone over to your amazing home! You throw a swell party!

B

Thanks Chip and Andy for having this Great get together. I Really had a great time and enjoyed it thoroughly and only wish it could have lasted longer. I have only a few photos which I will post later when I get to it! HappyHappyHappy!

B

YES! It would seem those are my mallets Including some chisels? Thanks, Please don't lose those. Thanks again for a great Saturday.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2009 1:00 PM

POST MORE PICS!!

thanks for sharing!

B

OK, Here are a few Photos I took

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 7:16 AM

Ah!

Thanks, B

B

Thanks to Chip & Andy for hosting! It was a blast!!

Ben...Love you too Dude....but, waaay to many pics of me! Don't forget..I take pics as well! and I have photoshop!

Yea, yea...my exposure was a bit hot that day, befitting the scorching temperatures!

More pics to come!

B

Thanks BO, You KNOW we Love's'ya too! :o I sorta expected you to brighten up when you sat your Smiling face?

Pages: 1 2 62 replies