Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Mondo attendees-- looking for Tiki Central booth dwellers

Pages: 1 13 replies

M
mig posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2003 5:36 PM

Hi Kiddies,

As the Tiki Central presence at Mondo is being plotted, I'm seeing that I need volunteers to help staff the TC booth! So if you'd like to commit to a half-hour or hour (heck, you'd be there anyway), email me at [email protected]. We'll make it THE place to hang out at during Mondo!

Details:
--you should already be going, because I can't get you in.
--what you'd be doing: answer any questions about TC, and offer flyers to interested people.
--Hours: the whole thing runs from 2pm-10pm, so a shift would be somewhere in there.

See you all there!
mig

S

I will if I can, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there or not. Of Course they do this dern thing DURNING the freakin car show at Vegas, which my roomie is playing at.. harumph. And also around the time there are 2 weddings I'm supposed to go to. Fooey. 'll try and make it over there, maybe later, cause I wanna see APE and see Al carvin'
Pea

T
thejab posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2003 5:53 PM

I can help you out Mig but I can't specify a time when I'll be arriving yet.

M

Tiki Central flyers? Man, I'd like to have a few of those to pass out up here in Portland. Are there a few spares or something we could download and print? I made a "bootleg" flyer just to have something
to drop off at places with a tiki torch or such in the yard. (Hope this is ok with Hanford as I would never infringe on his stuff.) Also the image is probably copyrighted.

I'm sure the Baxdog would do it! He might be able to work a deal with the H.B.P.D. and my Landlord for "graffiting my sign"!!

(Bax, they were there the other day when I came to work and the landlord was freaking out about the blue pen on the sign. He had the cops there and they got your biz. card!! They asked me and I said some wack job probably did it, then they showed me your biz. card and it was instant Doh!)

T

Ben'S my card was left on your door about Thursday of last week. I came up about 2:00 to buy a bunch of stuff to decorape my new office, but the doors were closed,so I went to House of Tiki instead.
The last time I saw that blue pen was after I gave it to PP, and I swear it is not in the door of my truck anymore.
And this is not on topic, say you are sorry to Mig, Sorry Mig

HH

Im in,
but i'd like
the early shift
cuz ya all know
i'll be good and
faded by dark

I propose that we use this picture as part of the booth setup. How can you keep from smiling (or laughing) after seeing our Happy Hula?!

HH

I so hate you ! :lol:

god that pic

makes me cringe

every time

Either I or my cousin Futura Girl would like to help man the booth - just not both of us at the same time 8)
We just don't know our schedules yet? Probably on the later side of things.

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2003-04-09 14:17 ]

MIG~

I can't help at Mondo, since I won't be there, but CAN help if you have a booth at Tiki Oasis, and I'll be at Oasis Thursday through Sunday.

I do have some suggestions, if you don't mind:
~Set up a mailing list for potential members to fill out.

~Designate one person (Hanford?) to send out "Invitations to Join Tiki Central" after Tiki Oasis off of the above list. If you don't, not everyone will automatically join right after visiting Tiki Oasis. You've got to put the invitation in their face.

~Have a photo album with copies of pictures of past TC events for potential new members to see.

~Maybe some TC stickers to give out after they fill out the mailing list for Hanford. You can go through alot of stickers if you hand them out without filling out the list. Current members can, of course, get a sticker after "checking in" at the TC booth, in which, you should have a current TC member list available at the booth for the booth attendants to use to check off.

~If possible, have a live computer for potential members to join right then and there!

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

Directin'CaddyDaddy

M
mig posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2003 7:34 PM

SugarC:

Working on a lot of stuff like that for Mondo! Hanford and I are running around scrambling right now, but our little display at Mondo should be pretty cool.

mig

!MONDO!

hey mig,
we would absolutely love to volunteer a shift at your TC booth. we'll be at mondo tiki the entire time. just email us and let us know if you're still needing people to help out.
tikily yours,
deb and gogo
[email protected] or http://www.debagogo.com

Pages: 1 13 replies