Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

July 4th Parade in Alameda

Pages: 1 8 replies

Come celebrate Independence Day with Meshugga Beach Party and Forbidden Island! We'll be running the rollin' tiki experience in the Alameda parade, starting at 10AM Saturday morning.

According to some website I googled, the Alameda 4th of July Parade is the second longest Independence Day parade in the nation. With over 170 floats that travel a three mile route, the parade has become the central activity of the Bay Area’s Fourth of July weekend.

Well, everyone loves a parade, right? So come on by, and then, really, would it hurt to stick around for the afternoon at FI?

Hope to see you there!
Meshugga Mel

MT

The Association for an Awesomer Alameda will be there, sending kudos from the side lines!

J

You guys were awesome last year! Alas, I will miss it this year 'cuz I've got a noon flight to LA for a party on the beach in Venice! Have fun!

Catch us (if you can) on the parade trail. We'll be handing out coupons good for all of July!!

Here's to hoping float participants get coupons, too!

CL

MBP - you guys looked great on the float. What fun.

T
thejab posted on Mon, Jul 6, 2009 2:09 PM

Congratulations to Jessica of Forbidden Island! Her and her husband won best float for their Alameda Theater float with the Frisky Frolics performing on board.

Loved the Forbidden Island float too!

Cool - the Alameda Theater float was really neat. We got third place, not bad for a bunch of crazy rabbis.

Crazy Rabbbis, Trix are for kids,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 8 replies