Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Claudine Longet "Nothing to lose"

Pages: 1 8 replies

TM
BK

Hubba, hubba! Mrs. Andy Williams. Very kool, Lucas. Thanks for the link. What's that from?

V
virani posted on Sat, Jul 4, 2009 2:02 AM

from the fantastic movie "the party" of course ! With Peter Sellers.

UB

I suggest you don't go snow skiing with her.

O

This is a hard-to-find track. It wasn't on the soundtrack LP, and it wasn't on any of Claudine's A&M LPs. It came out only as a single, and luckily I tracked down a copy. Not sure if it's made it to CD yet.

It was on the Universal Music comp The Mad, Mad World of Soundtrack, Vol. 2

My all time favorite movie! The Party is one of the funnest movies I can think of. Predecessor to the Pink Panther movies. In the Party, which was filmed in 1968, the home is a way-out Mid-centry Moderne with Polynesian influences. This movie is a great example of the genius of Peter Sellers. I was so in love with Claudine Longet, a 13 year-old's fantasy girl, (I still believe that gun went off by itself, she could never do that...) I remember melting in my seat when she sang that. Thanks for the memory.

BM

SO the opposite for me... I remember growing up and the folks LUVVED them some Andy Williams show...when I was a KID I thought her baby voice FROGGY ballads were the EPITOME of HORRRIBLE..yeah she was hot but MAN sould she hit some CLUNKER notes when she sang...she is like one of those people like we have as stars today..moderately talented yet GOOD LOOKING...and famous for being MRS. ANDY WILLIAMS ( how uncool is THAT>)...later infamous for more INTERESTING reasons..sorry to troll a LITTLE bit but ialways have a weird KNEE JERK reaction to Claudine Longet...just like Mirelle Mathieu and icant remember which variety show used to feature HER but its virtually the same thing doe me..yet i LIKE astrud Gilberto who is not so far off from EITHER one of those two

I just saw that movie the other day. Like a few others, I was only familiar with her prowess at accidentally shooting skiiers. I can still recall the SNL skit showing all the participants in the Claudine Longet Invitational getting mowed down by bullets.

Pages: 1 8 replies