Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Smuggler's Cove Announces Official Mug!

Pages: 1 20 replies

M

M

I am SUPER excited about this mug! It's time for the long overdue return of the barrel mug! This was the result of a great deal of work with Miles- we looked at over a dozen classic rum barrel mugs to decide on the best features, wood grain, hoop placement, and much more. They are stunning in person and they are damn big as well. Again- this is the first time that Munktiki and Tiki Farm have worked together on a project, and I'm honored that they agreed to do it with me.

AND I can now announce where the limited edition mugs will go on sale: TIKI OASIS! I will be selling them for one hour only at Otto's performer vending table. Exact day and time to be announced. Stay tuned! (please no requests to buy them online, hold or reserve them, or mail them anywhere- I am sorry, but I just don't have the time to do that.)

Mahalo!

T

Awesome! My two favorite mugs right now that I drink out of daily are a munktiki "Amamas Amamas" (#100/100 by the way) and my Mai Kai Rum Barrel. This new SC mug is a great combo of those! Great Mug, can't wait to be sipping away on one at the Cove!

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony http://www.cafepress.com/tikitony

[ Edited by: tikitony 2009-07-05 12:42 ]

i'm already in line.

I'm in line, too. So excited to get one of these!

BTW, do we have a price, yet?

G

Beautiful mug. But the travel-impaired inhabitants of the east coast weep...

P

Nice looking mug there. I was just looking over my mug collection the other day and realized I didn't have a rum barrel. So now I don't have to worry about that now. I will have a barrel mug soon. YEAH !!

M

awesome! can't wait to try and snag one. :)

T

I think it's pretty cool that Tiki Farm and Munktiki are working together......and it's a nice traditional looking rum barrel Tiki mug which is also pretty cool! :)

On 2009-07-05 14:22, GatorRob wrote:
Beautiful mug. But the travel-impaired inhabitants of the east coast weep...

If I can make it out to the Hukilau 3 or 4 times, i think east coasters can make it out to the Tiki capital of the world!

Well done Martin, Munktiki, and Tiki Farm. I can't wait.

beautiful mug, martin (and munktiki and TF) Is the TF version going to be a limited # mug release too, or will it be an open run?

I hope I can get one of these!!!!!

T

Nice job on the design and production. Quality piece.

Can't wait to see the rest of the design.

.....a nice looking barrel...no doubt about it, but i have never been a big fan of barrel mugs....count me out.

I won't be able to make it to this year's Tiki Oasis. If anybody that is going could possibly pick up this AMAZING mug for me, I'd really appreciate it!!! Please contact me and we can make arrangements. I'll gladly gift a mug to whomever is willing... Thanks!

S

That's a great looking mug! So excited about everything that is happening Smuggler's Cove. Hurray!

Suzanne

BB

On 2009-07-05 12:21, martiki wrote:
They are stunning in person and they are damn big as well.

How tall is it? Is it as big as the Mai-Kai Barrel?

:music: Barrel Mug.... I Love It! :music:

M

On 2009-07-06 20:30, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2009-07-05 12:21, martiki wrote:
They are stunning in person and they are damn big as well.

How tall is it? Is it as big as the Mai-Kai Barrel?

:music: Barrel Mug.... I Love It! :music:

The ltd edition is much bigger than the Mai Kai barrel, and the production version will be only slightly larger than the MK barrel. "Shrinkage!"

BB

Thanks Martin!!

K
kiya posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2009 9:15 AM

These are awesome, they'll be for sale at the bar once it opens?

Hope you don't sell these until Saturday, since I can't get to Oasis until then!

Pages: 1 20 replies