Pages: 1 13 replies

[ Edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:09 ]

It's wicked cute.

That's so cool!

yeah I dig it , really fine work!

[ Edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:09 ]

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Jul 10, 2009 1:03 PM

Where's the wang? Beautiful wee sculpt, but I'm not a fan of emasculated art! Those damn missionaries have a lot to answer for, particularly when it comes to Cook Islands art. If you do your homework on this guy you will find that without a penis it is meaningless....the whole point of this figure is virility, fertility and abundance.

PS It's "Rarotonga" which is the main/admin island of the Cooks, and also usually referred to as "The Fisherman's God" rather than just a fish!

Criticism aside, like I said it's beautifully executed. I really like your cast pendants!

C

He is REALLY cool, but, agreed that he'd be even cooler if he were anatomically correct :wink:

B

Excellent work, I Really Love this little guy. I went to your past threads and you have been making some Excellent pieces, Welcome to Tiki Central.

Another vote for anatomically correct from me too.

He's very cute & well made! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 10, 2009 6:38 PM

What price point are you aiming for in bronze? I could wear one of those :)

[ Edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:10 ]

P

i think you meant, "too" and that's nice wax carving. where do you plan to put the spure? adding an appendage is just the same as a sprue, maybe a bit thicker. i don't remember seeing a nutsack on those guys, so just a sprue might work. are you going to cast one in metal and make a mold or mold up the wax master and then inject them? what kind of wax are you using? great job on the sculpt. is it all by hand?

i'd really like to know about your tools also. i'm having a hard time with mine. must be a poor craftsman.

[ Edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:10 ]

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Jul 11, 2009 3:33 PM

Thank YOU for caring enough to do it right and remain true to the spirit of the original artists! I can't wait to see the finished article...

Pages: 1 13 replies