cant tell when it
was made but its
still cool
check it.

Ooooh... That's beautiful.

Sabu

T

Hula,

Is it made by Treasure Craft? Sure is cool.

Good score Hula! Good thing you found that before I came into town or it would be on MY shelf instead...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammn!

Pretty cool! It's a 2 piece? I noticed the tiki is faced in a different direction in both pictures. Does the tiki just rest on the platter or is it some type of salt or "special herbs and spices" shaker?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammn!

Cussin'CaddyDaddy

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Apr 9, 2003 3:19 PM

cherry! your lucky the tiki was still w/the piece. usually things li'dat get seperated.
nice!

T

cool! I wonder if that was an item from Las Vegas past, because I found one very similar there a few years back. Mine had the same tiki, but on a little island at the center of the divided dish, in the same funky dark green glaze.

:tiki:

HH

bong- its has a treasure craft style but its not stamped anywhere.

evilcaddydaddy-it one piece, the tiki is two sided and not center facing, very odd.So no place for the special herbs :wink:

Popster- will find you sumting when you get here no worries.

pup- have any clue who its made by?

I've got a good feeling that every thrift and antique store in Vegas will be cleaned out that weekend. Mondo and Viva Las Vegas on the same weekend? Good luck. At least I'll have my car this time, Hula.

Cool bowl thing. Is the tiki attached? I can't tell.

S

Kewl!
Looks like California Pottery. 1960's?!

S

[ Edited by: suzywong on 2003-04-10 17:38 ]

On 2003-04-10 15:31, Luckydesigns wrote:
I've got a good feeling that every thrift and antique store in Vegas will be cleaned out that weekend. Mondo and Viva Las Vegas on the same weekend? Good luck.

Good point Spike! Maybe Hula can help me out with some of the hidden spots - you know, the good places he doesn't share with anyone else..... If he doesn't share em with me I've got some incriminating pics that might make him change his mind......hmmmmmm..........

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 18:01 ]

....odd, i have this same piece, but mine has the tiki in the middle, and is divided into 4 spces insted of 3......mine was given to me free by a garage saling friend, who saw it and thought of me....needless to say i was grining ear to ear when he brought it over!

I have a picture of the version you described with four spaces and the tiki in the center. The tiki looks the same in both platters; this one is by Treasure Craft. I'll try to post the picture (My apologies if it doesn't come up--this thing is technically challenging some nights!)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3da30b3127cce96653a2dc76d0000001010

Oops! Lets try that again..... maybe a little larger this time.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3da30b3127cce96655ad846980000001610

sweeet... I love to find one of those

yep suffering bastard, thats the piece i have.....

M

Hula Hula,
You need this. I saw it and thought of you. And think, it's not even my auction!

PuPu Platter/Dish

midnite

Pages: 1 17 replies