Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Portland Hawaii-A-Ween Sat July 18 at Voodoo Donut Too

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hawaii-A-Ween takes place this Saturday July 18 at Voodoo Donut Too located at NE 15th & Sandy.

HAWAII-A-WEEN
A Family Friendly Monster Luau Freakout!
Saturday, July 18th 2pm-10pm at Voodoo Doughnut, Too
located on the corner of NE 15th at Sandy Blvd.

How do monsters spend their summer vacation waiting for Hallowe'en? Why, they throw a surf dance party at Voodoo Doughnut, Too of course!

Voodoo Doughnut, and Portland Productions, have joined with the Portland Hallowe'en Bazaar to create the new summer celebration not to be missed here in the Rose City! Hawaii-A-Ween is a mid summer luau benefiting The Portland Hallowe'en Bazaar, The Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery, and The Rock 'N' Roll Camp For Girls.

Kicking off at 2pm in the Voodoo Doughnut, Too parking lot on the corner of NE Sandy Blvd and 15th, Hawaii-A-Ween boasts an array of activities and entertainment to delight one and all. Join us for an island get-away by way of Transylvania all afternoon and on into the cool summer night!

2:00 Festivities launch with a Surf Dance Party by DJ Neel N Kizmiaz (SF) and PDX's DJ Drew Groove spinning THE BEST IN surf, tiki & exotica sounds
3:00 Belly dance performance: “Lost Princess of the Nile” by Justina
4:30 Portland Organic Wrestling Reunion Rumble for the RnR Camp For Girls Scholarship Money
6:00 Tarantula Ghoul Scholarship Dedication followed by the live surf sounds of The Verbtones
7:00-9:30 DJ Drew Groove plays Surf, Tiki, Exotica
8:30 Beauty 'n The Beast Swim Wear Fashion Show: Monsters and babes take to the waves!
9:30 Fantastical, Fire Dancing at Sundown!

All of this PLUS: The Coffin Cruisers Hearse Club car show, with an appearance by the Death Proof Nova, face painting and balloon art, Southern BBQ, shaved iced and of course, DOUGHNUTS! Vendors from all over the Northwest including: Gorey Details, Gothic Beagle, Gutter Brats Designs, Hammersteel Art, Skullclown, Sweet Leaf Odditites, BabyGirlBoutique.com, Billie Jo Retro, Sinister Press Zine and info tables from The Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery and Rock N Roll Camp For Girls!

Gates open at 2pm and admission is only $3 all day for those aged 10 and up. FREE if in Hawaiian /Monster costume!

[ Edited by: drewgroove 2009-07-13 12:27 ]

I saw an ad for that when I was in town on the 4th enjoying a tasty Voodoo donut! Now I want to move to Portland

This is one of those things that drives me crazy, so I gotta say it's Voodoo Doughnut. :)

I was going to post about the Hawaii-A-Ween last week and never got around to it. Glad I don't have to now.

I will be there a few other tikiphiles.

K

Bec and I just got back from this and we wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone involved. I was the one with the Halloween Hawaiian shirt that got compliments at the front entrance - thanks, you made Bec's day as she made the shirt for me.

We both had a BLAST! Thanks again. can't wait for the next one. :)

Glad new enjoyed it! And a big mahalo & thank you to everyone who came out to the festivities. It is truly appreciated. Oh, and I was the guy with the Aloha shirt & glasses who was sometimes playing some records.

-Drew

[ Edited by: drewgroove 2009-07-19 02:18 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies