Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

R.I.P. Funhauser Decor

Pages: 1 9 replies

I posted this on the Funhauser thread in the Marketplace forum, but I thought I'd post it here as well in case there are people who don't check that forum who would want to know.

From Funhauser's website (http://www.funhauserdecor.com/):

"It's with great sadness that I must announce the closure of our little shop. We've endured some difficult times in the last year and it is no longer feasible to keep it going. This decision has not come easy as much love, hard work and time have gone into creating a unique and fun shopping experience.

I want to thank everyone who's supported us in the last six years. Seeing people smile and laugh at the items we sell has been extremely rewarding. The best part of our business has been our customers. I've come to know so many amazing people through this venture and that will live on regardless of what lies ahead.

I also want to remind everyone that in these difficult times, there are many small local independent retailers that are struggling to survive and need your support. Please consider them when shopping. They bring you a unique selection of items that are often locally made. Your dollars will go back to the community you live in.

We'll see you out there with much love!!!

Peter & Alan"

I'd like to say thanks, Peter and Alan, for your dedication to the tiki community, for organizing two tiki gatherings at the Waldorf, and good luck to you both in whatever comes next.

well it seems Canada has lost another !
The U.S really is the place !....you gain 2(Dons and the new Trader LA) we lose 1 lol

C

Very BUMMED to hear this :( :(

I never made it to Vancouver to check out the store, but I love my purse I got from there!!

Wishing all the best to Peter & Alan!!! I hope we get to hang out again sometime :D

Geez Louise ...you canucks are even in trouble, a.

B

On 2009-07-14 12:06, croe67 wrote:
Very BUMMED to hear this :( :(

I never made it to Vancouver to check out the store, but I love my purse I got from there!!

Wishing all the best to Peter & Alan!!! I hope we get to hang out again sometime :D

Same here! I get SO many compliments on my Tiki purse and man does it hold up to wear and tear! Sigh.

Very sorry to hear the news... Peter and Alan are exceptionally nice guys and great ambassadors
of the Tiki Spirit. Best of luck in the future..

This sucks! Funhauser was a very cool shop. I was hoping to check it out again in the future. I really wish you guys well.

W

When Vancouverites realize the have ran out of bacon flavoured bandages and little pineapple shaped monkeypod bowls they'll be sorry they didn't shop while the sun still shone on Funhauser...They'll all be sorry!

I got notice about a month ago from their Facebook group. I wish I had been there to give them more support. I'm glad I got the opportunity to see the place and pick up a few great items last summer. Good luck to you, Peter and Alan! Your store will be sorely missed!

M

I was going to make my first trip today to funhauser from the abbotsford burbs. Googled it to get the address and.......well I was dissapointed to say the least. Ended up going into Van and hanging at English Bay. Surprised to see so many palm trees were planted since I was last there. There are some shops still along the waterfront in New westminster to check out for mid century stuff.Not tiki but...what can you do? let us know if there is any worthwhile shopping in the lower mainland.

Pages: 1 9 replies