Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Limited Edition Emerald Green Shakatiki Mug from House of Tiki

Pages: 1 19 replies

House of Tiki is going "GREEN"!! We are very happy to announce our newest and argueably our best glaze edition of Shakatiki. This hugely popular pilsner style mug is a favorite of many tiki mug collectors. It measures in at a whopping 12 oz. capacity and fits very comfortably in your hand (so as not to spill your mai tai).

For those who don't know the story of our "Shakatiki" mascot: One day back in 2001 I was just doodling around on some tiki sketches before opening the shop, and he appeared in rough form on my sketchpad. So I kept playing with the design and made him the official House of Tiki logo and hoped one day to make him into a tiki mug. Little did I know that Teresa (from Kilohana) and Crazy Al were conspiring behind my back to present a sculpted wax master at my 40 year birthday party! Some of you may have been there to see the surprised look on my face. I was blown away by how my little Shaka dude came to life in mug form. So with some expert help from Holden at Tiki Farm, our house mug came to be. He became a very popular edition to many happy mug collectors and has been seen cavorting around at parties, gracing a few TV shows and in the pages of many magazines. (Holden even said it is one of his favorite mug designs!).

If you have one of the other Shakatiki editions, you know how cool he is and may want to add another family member to your collection. And if by chance you haven't been able to get your hands on one of these rare gems, now is your chance!
This is a signed, limited edition mug (of only 300!) made here in the good ole' US of A. We have the first batch of mugs in and they look awesome! They WILL sell out, so as usual it's "first come first get". We will also be selling them at Tiki Oasis. TC price is only 20 bucks plus shipping,(Small kine kala!) FYI: Ebay "buy it now" price is 25 bones!
Limit 4 per customer. We can process your order over the phone or invoice you through paypal. Just call or drop us an email: [email protected]
Mahalos! Wes

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!
House of Tiki "THE ULTIMATE STORE FOR ISLAND DECOR"!!!
660 W. 17th Street, Hut #30
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627
(949)642-TIKI/ [email protected]

[ Edited by: shakatiki 2009-07-22 12:34 ]

T

PM sent!

LT

Nice one - PM Sent!

If a tiki is throwing shaka's, it's gotta be cool.... nice color too....
PM'd you...

Mahalo

PS these pics really don't do it justice. The emerald green is very rich and lush (like a tropical rainforest). "SUCK'EM UP!!!"

I'm gonna have to grab one of these for myself at Tiki Oasis!

he looks great in green. mahalo for sharing the back story.

Aloha TC Ohana:

Just a little sidenote on the Shakatiki mugs...

If you prefer to pay by PayPal, PLEASE email us at [email protected] and we'll invoice you.

If you prefer to give us your shipping info over the phone, please call us at
949) 642-8454.

Mahalo for your aloha and kokua! I'm going as fast as my little hands can go!

Me ke aloha,
Pua @ House of Tiki

[ Edited by: TikiShopPua 2009-07-22 12:35 ]

T

Just got my green guys in the mail today & they look bee-yootee-ful! Thanks, Wes, for shipping them out so quickly.

I do have a question regarding the signature on the bottom: Is it waterproof? I'd hate to find out the hard way if it couldn't withstand a washing.

Thanks again!

Sig is done with indelible ink, but still recommend hand washing. Aloha!

Sharpie makes new commercial grade pen which does not wash off.
This was used when I had Squid sign my tiki bowls-works absolutely great.
BTW green skaka mug looks great.Put me down for second run of mug please.

T

Thanks for the info, guys. Much obleeged.

Hey TC 'Ohana....the new run of mugs are in EARLY! Just got'em today! Email us @ [email protected] and we'll hook you up! Those of you who have already ordered, we're getting those out to you today. Mahalos for being so awesome!

Pua

Just got mine yesterday, WOW the green glaze is beeeauuuutiful!!!
Thanks again Wes and Pua..

Ah Scott! A ole pilikia. A pleasure to send Shakatiki "home" to the islands, though I'm a kinda jealous. You might say I'm a little "green" ::wink::. Enjoy and okole maluna!

Pua

Aloha Mahbookie! Your Shakatiki mugs have shipped. Mahalo and Cheers!

Just received some emerald goodness in the mail. Thanks. This mug looks so good. The pictures don't do it justice. Awesome glaze. We are ecstatic.

Ah..Mahalo Nui. Use it in good health!

Bump! (Hehehehehe)

Just a note to let everyone going to Tiki Oasis know that not only will we be selling our "Shakatiki" mug there, we will also have a fresh batch of Tikikings jewelry there!!

Pages: 1 19 replies