Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fri 7/17 "Waikiki Womb" MaiTai Pizza Swim Party!

Pages: 1 27 replies

YOUR INVITED! PLEASE JOIN US!

Kirby & Polly's “Rumpus Room” is pleased to announce their first "Field Trip" to:
The "Waikiki Womb"
The “Waikiki Womb” is the Home Bar of Tiki Central- Rumpus Room Member Kevin Murphy. You probably remember Murph from his very successful L.A. Home Bar Crawl in 2008!
Come Mai Tai, Pizza & Pool Party with us! The Waikiki Womb will be serving all our favorite Drinks, Trader Vic’s Mai’s, Hipicious, Voodoo Grog, Jungle Jetsetter, Painkiller, A Rumpus Room signiture drink “You’ve got crabs” you name it, we make it. Plus PIZZA! WAIT! There’s more! Swimming! Bring a suit and “Come on in the Water’s PERFECT!"

Where: Kevin Murphy’s “Waikiki Womb” in Glendale, Ca.
When: Friday, July 17th
Time: 7:00 pm until the Rum is gone!
Address: Just drop me a note (or Murph) and I will send you the address
Mahalo and we will see you at the Waikiki Womb!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-18 11:42 ]

T

Yay! We are SO THERE!

Do we need to bring anything? Limes for admission à la the Rumpus Room?

T

Lookin good in there Murph !

Pizza, Mai Tais,a pool...What more can you ask for ?

J
JOBU posted on Wed, Jul 15, 2009 10:47 PM

Awesome place
Can't wait to see it again
Bobbie and I will be there

Because you asked, yes, please, feel free please to bring a couple lemons, limes, ice, munchies, booze whatever you like. As always you and your help are appreciated :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-16 04:49 ]

Oh HipHiPaHulA! almost forgot!

"Waikiki Womb"

I want to live here. But only if the dispenser has Diet Coke? ...Naw..... Paradise... Nice Murph, Real nice....

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-16 15:38 ]

Tiki G needs a ride from the East Valley not far from the R.R. HELP???

P

I visited Murph's tiki haven at the Home Bar Crawl last year. It is a truly spectacular place! I would love the opportunity to hang out there again. So as long as work doesn't throw a monkey wrench in my plans again, I hope to see everyone there tomorrow night.

I can't wait to see the place Murph!!! I wiil bring a bottle of Rum and some lemons and limes!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 7:10 AM

Hi all -

I will be attending tonight with Mel - she was kind enough to rally a ride for me. Thanks Mel!

It will be great to catch up with y'all and relax by the pool for a while.

See you there tonight. G

[ Edited by: TikiG 2009-07-17 07:12 ]

T

G in the hut !

Cool...Looking forward to the Womb.

All ya gotta do is message myself or Murph for the address & come have fun!

I am counting the hours! Just got back from driving on Hwy 126 where I picked up a large box of lemons and a 5 pound bag of limes for tonight!!!!!!

That's crazy Dean Wow you rock! Tonight's gonna be Fun, Can't wait to see you guys!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 12:42 PM

On 2009-07-16 04:51, Hiphipahula wrote:
Oh HipHiPaHulA! almost forgot!

Does this mean Ruzic is coming?

Oh wait a minute.........
the leaves look different on the plant he likes.

GROG looking forward to seeing Murph's new Tiki Bar add-on, and hanging with friends and drinking tasty alchoholic drinks tonight. Gonna be some fun going on tonight in Glendale.

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 2:58 PM

Just got back from the Wine and Liquor Depot... The Bar is stocked!
Hope you guys are thirsty!
See you all tonight.

Jezebel And Sheba taking a nap in the Waikiki Womb so they will be ready to party tonight.

On 2009-07-17 14:58, Murph wrote:
Just got back from the Wine and Liquor Depot... The Bar is stocked!
Hope you guys are thirsty!
See you all tonight.

Jezebel And Sheba taking a nap in the Waikiki Womb so they will be ready to party tonight.

I'm thirsty.. Does anyone have mint?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 6:57 PM

GROG heading to Glendale now for some drinks. Anybody in the area should join us at Murph's cool new Tiki Bar.

GROG on way.

CJ

Amazing! Thank you!!!!

Wow! Thanks for having us over to your place. I had a great evening. See everyone again really soon!

T

Murph,

Big Mahaloz for the hospitality last night. What an amazing Tiki Paradise you have there. Just unbelievable. Womb is an accurate description...just so relaxing.

I see a "Totally Tikified" in your future.

J
JOBU posted on Sat, Jul 18, 2009 10:25 AM

Thanks Again Murph and Claudia for your warm hospitality
Your Place is truly spectacular
and to Kelly the drink master for giving me "crabs"

JOBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpLQ5u5Ugo

T

Mahalo Murph!

What an awesome night! What an awesome Tiki Bar!

Kelly was slinging some mighty tasty concoctions, and there were lots of delicious expereiments from Tom and Paul!

Great food, great drinks, great friends... what more could you want? A heated pool on a cool summer night? No prob!

Any pix to post?

T

Mahalo Kevin and Claudia!

The Waikiki Womb is fantastic. What can I say?

Melany and I had a great time hanging out last Friday night. Did the pool thing too and that was like going back in time..like when you were a kid doing your thing while the elders socialized with their cocktails. Love the whole vibe of this oasis in the hills.

It was great too to hang out with the tiki peeps. Hadn't seen many of you in a couple of months so it was like a mini reunion of sorts. Plenty of refreshments, lovingly prepared by our local masters. Soooo Gooood! Thanks everybody. Didn't want to leave but I guess everyone felt the same way.

Here are a few pics I took. Didn't take many and wasn't going to post anything but tobunga asked...so...Enjoy :)

TikiG hanging out and soaking it all in @ 7:00PM.

Just outside the Waikiki Womb

Hiphipahula prepares my first tropical refreshment of the evening

Mel and Murph share stories within the confines of the
Waikiki Womb "inner sanctum" or "speakeasy"

PiphiRho prepares my Zombie

Yay pictures! except for the one with me in the 3D glasses :D Murph's Waikiki Womb is off the hook.

Pages: 1 27 replies