Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Rattan Hanging Chair Then and Now Pix

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

Aloha....I remember seeing a picture of Laney's Rattan chair, but I don't remember the thread...Here's another....

1960's version

New version

I really like the accessories that come with the chair on the bottom picture! I saw one of these in San Francisco when Pop, Hula and I were there, and it was in the $800 range. I can't imagine buying it for that price. I told Laney about it, and she was pretty shocked at the pricetag too.

Swingin'CaddyDaddy

Laney looks different with dark hair, cool chair, nice pair, small underwear, I think Bong is under there, I swear I don't care, his pants begin to tear, as he fondles with flare, makes sounds like a bear, Quiet Monfrair, with your hand affair, got to go no time to spare.

L

Great pics Bongo. I think my model, Spike, is way cuter, though. SCD told me there was one up North for $900! I was driving out of a small swap meet in Orange when I saw this one, the lady wanted $20, I didn't even bargain, gave her the bill and threw it in my convertible. The white paint is flaking off, you can turn the hose on it and it comes off but I also got some spray stripper and plan on returning it to it's natural glory. I almost want to bring it out of the sun but it is in the perfect spot to enjoy the pool and it's comfortable too! I'll post some newer pics when I'm done.

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-04-10 10:21 ]

I don't know, Laney......your model is kind of a Dog ...we have a cat named Spike (the hair on her head stood up like a mohawk when she was a kitten) that might weigh more (18lbs) than your dog......I'm more of a dog person...I miss my German Shepherd.....Great score for $20.00....looks like a lot of work to strip......lotsa pieces.....do you put a pad on it or is it comfy like it is?

I just passed one of those up a few weeks ago, huge one in mint condition at the thrift for 30 bucks, Dohhh!!!

Hi, I;ve been pokin' around looking for one of these chairs too which is how I found this swinging site. Here's a link to one more reasonably priced at 175 US+SH.

Another piece of lounge/poolside furniture I've been searching for is a chair similar to this in that it's rattan but it's a bowl shaped rattan disc about 4 feet in dia. and sits on an ottoman type base. It usually can be moved about freely on the base (provided you are out of it and adjusting it empty) and always has a huge cupped cushion in it otherwise it's unbearably uncomfortable. Anybody remember those?? HOw about those cheap wrought iron chairs that have a zillion little rubber straps which form a sort of cone shape that you sit in. The legs jut out 60's style and you'd most often see them in cheap motel pool areas. Think pink or turquoise chairs in Palm Springs with cheap blondes in beehives and bikinis playing cards and smoking cigarettes. Did that help at all?? Let me know if you've any ideas on where to find these chairs (blondes need not be included :). Thanks, Terrie (Brunette for now)

Pages: 1 6 replies