Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Enchanted Tiki Weekend & Luau with King Kukulele - Hollywood - July 24-25

Pages: 1 5 replies

The American Cinematheque's annual tiki film series, celebration and luau is upon us with 2009's "Enchanted Tiki Weekend Blowout"
July 24-25 at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, CA.

Egyptian Theatre
6712 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Tiki feature films & clips, vendors, food and music bring the exotic allure of tropical paradises to Hollywood! Films include old-school island musical romance PAGAN LOVE SONG (starring Esther Williams and Howard Keel), hot-blooded Hawaiian soap opera DIAMOND HEAD (with Charlton Heston) and the volcano-singed adventure THE DEVIL AT 4 O'CLOCK (starring Spencer Tracy and Frank Sinatra) -- all of them in sumptuously saturated color. Join us in the Egyptian's Courtyard for a Royal Southern California-style Luau with exotic musical entertainment from King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis and the Polynesian Paradise Dancers, plus vendors and other surprises and special guests on July 25 from 1:00 PM until well after the sun kisses the ocean and disappears beneath the gently lapping surf.

Full details: http://www.americancinematheque.com/archive1999/2009/Egyptian/Tiki_Night_ET2009.htm
Or, skip right to the LUAU information:
http://www.americancinematheque.com/archive1999/2009/Egyptian/Tiki_Night_ET2009.htm#LUAU%20DINNER

I'm gonna try to make the fri. nite of this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Yay! King Kukulele ROCKS! Or is that Ukes? Ukuleles? What ever the heck... he's AWESOME!

T

It's almost here... can't wait to see King Kukulele... it's gonna be great!

I looked at my calendar and its actually here.
started yesterday.

Jeff(btd)

T

Hey Jeff, I meant the King Kukulele part was almost here. Or was almost there, since that happened yesterday... or already was almost there... or uh, I think I'm in a grammatically tense time loop...

Anyway, MAHALO King Kukulele!
You always put on a great show! Hope I didn't throw you for a loop when I shouted out "Tikian" as a request... LOVE that song, hard to believe I was the first person to ever request it!

Pages: 1 5 replies