Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Glasgow Tiki Shakers @ Don the Beachcomber - Sat July 25

Pages: 1 7 replies

Don the Beachcomber - the Glasgow Tiki Shakers on Saturday July 25 (9pm to midnight).
We're back again!!!

Hope to see you there!
We've been having lots of fun there. Bring your friends and pass the word.

Don the Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Sunset Beach (Huntington Beach), Ca 92649
562-692-1321

[ Edited by: glasgowtikishakers 2009-07-16 22:34 ]

bump,
for anybody not going to the Bahooka event.
there is this.

Jeff(btd)

Where will you be Jeff???

no,
I am djing at the Bahooka event sat.
;-(

Jeff(btd)

for those that don't want to go inland to the Bahooka event.

stay coastal and cool.
:)
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have been meaning to post a more extensive review, but I'll do the short version here.

I had dinner at Don the Beachcomber last weekend, after the Bamboo Ben Pool Party. Dtb has really raised the bar! Both food and service were excellent! The special was a fish from Fiji and it was cooked perfectly and very delicious. Better still were the DRINKS! They have added new drinks to the menu, including a Missionary's Downfall, Doctor Funk, Three Dots and a Dash and even the Reverb Crash! They also changes the Mai Tai slightly and it was really good! Better, in fact, than I think it was when Don's was still open back in the 80s. I had the 3 dots and a dash and I was very impressed. Very good! I am looking forward to my next "sippin safari" there to sample even more.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2009-07-23 23:03 ]

R

On 2009-07-23 23:02, PiPhiRho wrote:
I have been meaning to post a more extensive review, but I'll do the short version here.

I had dinner at Don the Beachcomber last weekend, after the Bamboo Ben Pool Party. Dtb has really raised the bar! Both food and service were excellent! The special was a fish from Fiji and it was cooked perfectly and very delicious. Better still were the DRINKS! They have added new drinks to the menu, including a Missionary's Downfall, Doctor Funk, Three Dots and a Dash and even the Reverb Crash! They also changes the Mai Tai slightly and it was really good! Better, in fact, than I think it was when Don's was still open back in the 80s. I had the 3 dots and a dash and I was very impressed. Very good! I am looking forward to my next "sippin safari" there to sample even more.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2009-07-23 23:03 ]

Me too! I went after Ben's "pool" party too with 2 friends. We weren't aware that we "crashed" a b-day party in the bar, but the b-day boy was really nice- (he even gave us aloha necklaces as souveniers). We had to wait 10 minutes before our server came- cause he was the only one in there at the time, but it was fine. I had the Mai- Tai first- which was pretty tasty, but the Missionary's Downfall was a SUPER hit with out table. So were the Ahi Poke Tacos and Sweet Potato Fries!. We left a HUGE tip because our server became the Bartender mid-shift. Plus you can't beat the Half price drinks and Pupu's for happy hour in the bar :) - Rosered

CJ

I was just there tonight and was amazed by the newly added drinks and the fine tuned ones they've had on the menu since they turned it into Don's. HALF ON DRINKS during happy hour! You can't beat that with a stick.

If I lived closer I would be there daily. I strongly suggest going no matter how far you have to travel. They are trying their best and need all the support we can give. GO!

Pages: 1 7 replies