Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Sams Seafood Old Menu

Pages: 1 5 replies

I was going thru my old stuff and I found a menu that is from I guess the 60 or 70's from Sams Seafood in Huntington Beach. I also have a pirates kids menu. What type of value does it have? Selling on ebay the best way to get sell it?

The Sam's menu is a case much like Martin Denny records, where eBay demonstrated they were a bit more common than people originally thought. Back in 2002-2003, they appeared rarely and were going for $60 or more, but as more sellers discovered that Polynesian restaurant menus were good sellers, they began to appear more often. Nowadays they seem to go for about $20.

Here are a few completed auctions for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290314752660&category=1437

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360155264565&category=1437

If you include plenty of photos in your auction and use the keywords "Tiki","Sam's","Sea Food","Seafood", & "Menu" in the title, you'll probably get more hits and a price on the higher end of the scale.

If you collect other tiki memorabilia, it might be a good trade item.

I'm guessing the kid's pirate menu might fetch the same or a little less, unless it has some tiki or tiki-mug graphics in it. Then it would go higher.

I am interested !

The second link is the auction I won. I kinda goofed, because I was looking for a larger menu. This is a mini take out mailer, but I didn't read the description for whatever reason. It is still a nice piece to go with my Sam's Mugs, and is in wonderful condition.

Samsback doesn't answer PM's.I sent him a message a week ago with no response.

L

On 2009-07-28 17:19, 1961surf wrote:
Samsback doesn't answer PM's.I sent him a message a week ago with no response.

It looks like he rarely posts so you can only assume he rarely signs in. I would keep an eye on Ebay to see if he lists it there. No need to "call him out" on here...he might not ever even see this thread again!

Pages: 1 5 replies