Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Avast Ye!

Pages: 1 22 replies

Damn, that Pirates of the Caribbean trailer has been out for a week or so now, at least it seems. Still, the pirate feel is infecting me... I'm getting the feeling that I must... I will...

Yarr! Shiver me timbers ya scurvy lead swingers! This be Bloody Jack Bonney, and I'm back from Davy Jones' Locker, where the fearfome Captain Bloodbeard thought he left me, after we battled o'er winnings from the Queen's fleet coming from Jamaica. That bastard'll be taking a caulk ten feet deep on the coast, slit from stem to stern!

Yarr.... where's me Mai Tai?

Grr, bloody BBcode'll be hung on my crossmain...

[ Edited by: tikimonkey on 2003-04-10 11:01 ]

I couldn't help hearing "Friggin' in the Riggin'" in the background of that. Unfortunately, for my sins, I was also hearing a couple of crap Adam Ant songs too.

Arrrr Bloody Jack!

Here's the results of me name:

*Your pirate name is:
Captain Morty Rackham

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!*

Pretty cool TikiMonkey!

Swashin'MeBuckleCaddyDaddy

Arrrrgh! This be :evil: Mad Harry Flint! :evil:

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!!

Warned ye be, says I!

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2003-04-10 13:43 ]

You know, I've always thought that Pirate themed memorabilia was cool. After all, there is a nautical connection with Tiki. However, I'm somehow confident that I won't look as cool in a Pirate costume as in a Hawaiian shirt. Can you imagine me as Polynesian Pirate?

Please No Photoshop Renditions.....

You know, I've always thought that Pirate themed memorabilia was cool. After all, there is a nautical connection with Tiki. However, I'm somehow confident that I won't look as cool in a Pirate costume as in a Hawaiian shirt. Can you imagine me as Polynesian Pirate?

Please No Photoshop Renditions.....

K

the piratical subculture is pumped about the movie: http://www.pyracy.com

The pirate name site is hilarious. Thanks for the lead.

Yours,
-Dirty Tom Kidd-

(And I have no idea where any of that name came from as I chose the "bathe daily" option and don't even know anyone named Tom.)

My pirate name is:

Mad Jack Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

On 2003-04-11 00:53, Biotron2000 wrote:
My pirate name is:

Mad Jack Rackham

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

...and apparently one of the most common. :wink:

On 2003-04-10 13:43, Traderpup wrote:
Arrrrgh! This be :evil: Mad Harry Flint! :evil:

arrrr.... but eye be Mad Mary Flint!

T

I'm Black Anne Flint. We must be related!

S

Your pirate name is:

Calico Sam Bonney

Often indecisive, you can't even choose a favorite color. You're apt to follow wherever the wind blows you, just like Calico Jack Rackham, your namesake. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Arr Call me Bloody John Rackem..
on my family farm we had caves and a legendary pirate pot of gold buried on it, it was like living in the "Goonies".

I loved the Goonies!

Sincerely,
"Captain Anne Vane"

(My husband also tried it ... he's the "Dread Pirate Vane" ... it's good to have it confirmed once again that I am in charge!)

T

Rackham's Rule!

Dread Pirate Rackham

YAY for the Princess Bride reference!

"You keep using that word...I do not think that word means what you think it means"

InconSSHHeivable!

We almost named this guy Dread Pirate Roberts (because of the mask), but decided that was too wordy. So he's (Don) Diego, instead.

T

You're right, Pop, you look silly as a pirate...

Tiki-bot

(Anti-war message removed in name of freedom of speech and democracy.)

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-04-18 13:54 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-04-18 13:58 ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh MAN!
That is hilarious! Isn't that Milli Popilli? Milli Vanilli's emergency stand-in? I can actually visualize Pop singing:
:music: Girl, you know it's true. :music:
:music: Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you. :music:

I'll Put In On My Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-04-18 14:12 ]

T

Awesome Photoshop Tikibot. I figured he was hinting around that he wanted to be PS'd. That looks great. BTW Jade, that's really what the program gave me.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-04-18 21:37 ]

a kid on the train this morning totally reminded me of 'chunk' from goonies.

Pages: 1 22 replies