Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

ceramic tile on tikis

Pages: 1 5 replies

i told my mom ive been carving tikis, and shes all about arts and crafts. so she called me one day and said she had a great idea to put ceramic tiles on the tikis... maybe around the bottom, she even suggested putting them on the teeth to give it a 'grill' effect. i think its a pretty sick idea...

what do YOU guys think?

H

Tiles around the base might be okay. But please, no tiles on the teeth. Big toothed cartoony Tikis are my least favorite. Drawing more attention to the teeth with tiles would be even worse.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that like those type of Tikis.

i agree.

While it may not be some peoples way of doing things Try it!!!! If you pull it off with out it looking to mediteranean,it might be great, A majority of Original artifacts are embelleshid with shells , stone, sticks, feathers.
Do it, I'd like to see it , I personally don't like the majority of craft stle mosaics, but every once in a while you'll see a piece that stands out and I really dig. (usually monotone pieces)That odd piece out is one that is usualy really friggin fantastic!

I say - "get busy"!

How about making braces out of the tiles for those bucktoothed Tikis? LOL

Pages: 1 5 replies