Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Randy of Waitiki visiting SF this week - Wanna hit tiki spots? 7/30 or 7/31/09

Pages: 1 9 replies

Okonkuluku!

I'll be coming to SF this week with Helenini and would like to hit some tiki bars... Anyone free Thursday or Friday evening?

It's "International Flight Lounge" at Forbidden Island on Thursday, hosted by TC's own DJ The Jab. Always a fun time and great music. Weekends get crazy at FI, so I would strongly suggest Thursday. You could make a mini tour by hitting Trader Vics (Emeryville) or Conga Lounge (both have great happy hours), Kona Club and then Forbidden Island.

Hey Randy, welcome to the Bay Area!!

I need to check the schedule with Bill (Mai Tai) ... but if we can make it, we can pick up Suzanne at BART and meet you at any one of the Bay Area Tiki Bars. Forbidden Island is our favorite venue. Sorry, they're all like kids and I know we're not supposed to play favorites. :)

• Suzanne, sorry to make plans for you on your behalf...but thought you'd want to hang if you're available. :) *
S

Okonkuluku!

Looking forward to seeing you and Helen. East Coast represent!

Suzanne

I think we're going to start off at the Tonga on the early side, like around 5:30, and then make our way to Vic's... I'll have some WAITIKI merch with me in case anyone wants/needs to catch up on their CD listening or comic book reading...

Correction: meet at Tonga Room between 6-6:30. Look forward to seeing whoever's around! Otto will be there, and I think Hanford and Suzanne too?

O
Otto posted on Wed, Jul 29, 2009 11:37 PM

I'll be at Tonga by 6:30
then chauffeuring our esteemed east coast contingent to the lovely archipelago of Emeryville for some original Mai Tais at the original fountain of the Mai Tai, aka Trader Vic's, then, if we are still walking, on to the island of Alameda for some International Flight Lounge-ness

FYI -- Emeryville Vic's is closed tonight, we just called them.

J

On 2009-07-30 17:18, hanford_lemoore wrote:
FYI -- Emeryville Vic's is closed tonight, we just called them.

They're closed for "Kitchen Renovations" through 7/31, so they should be open again on Saturday.

Great seeing you guys at FI last night! Randy, It was really nice meeting you. Thanks for the CD.
Looking forward to Waitiki "live at Forbidden Island"

Pages: 1 9 replies