Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Week Before Oasis Los Angeles Tiki / Disneyland Events

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Aloha to All!

I am going to be getting into LA the Thursday before Oasis. I have already talked with a handful of Ohana about getting together for Tuesday Nights at Trader Vic's, Wednesday Nights at Tiki Ti's, beach burn, etc.

Last year a handful of us got together at Disneyland for a day of merriment and I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing that again this year. Wednesday before Oasis would be out because of the traditional Tiki Ti's night and Tuesday could be questionable because of the new night for TCs at TV's. That suggests Monday if people are interested or Tuesday and just pass on TV's.

A couple of other things. The Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market is Sunday August 9th and Charles Phoenix is giving a FREE slide show at Farmlab Friday August 7th @ Noon. We are planning on doing both.

Also planned is a trip to the Dresden Room on Friday night to see the venerable(?) Marty and Elayne. What a hoot!

I can't wait for the safari to begin!

AceyTiki and I will be at Tiki-Ti on Wednesday night. Wednesday during the day we will be at Huntington beach. Bamboo Ben is talking about having a happy hour at his place on that day for some pre-Tiki Oasis fun. We will be at Disneyland on Tuesday.

Don't forget about the OC Beach Burn and International Tiki Day on August 8th :)
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29088&forum=17&127

T

On 2009-07-31 08:36, WooHooWahine wrote:
Don't forget about the OC Beach Burn and International Tiki Day on August 8th :)
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29088&forum=17&127

That is probably a go for us. Especially after being out on the town Friday night. Some good Ohana vibes on the beach (and burning stuff!) seems right up our alley.

R

Hi:

My sister gets into Disneyland on Monday FREE (It's her birthday) we also are annual passholders. This will be our 3rd Tiki Oasis and are arriving on Thursday in San Diego. We will look for our Tiki friends at Disneyland on Monday if you can make it.

T

On 2009-07-31 09:22, RedPatti wrote:
Hi:

We will look for our Tiki friends at Disneyland on Monday if you can make it.

We are leaning towards Monday at this point.

TB

Don't forget the Glasgow tiki shakers are at Don the Beach Comber's on sat. Aug. 8th

always a great time.

9 pm to midnite,
Free.

come on over after the Beach Burn,
its right up the street.

Jeff(btd)

T

We will be meeting Al (Ali'i) early thirty for a fun day at Disneyland tomorrow morning (Monday).

My cell is 843.514.5565 if any others there would like join us in "another chorus" at the Tiki Room (or, of course, anywhere else in DL).

Aloha,

TB

Pages: 1 7 replies