Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Silly listing

Pages: 1 13 replies

Great listing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2316564930&category=22657

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2003-04-11 13:51 ]

Ha! The seller's feedback total - (2) - says a lot. He'll catch on soon!

How'd you come across that, Fartsatune? Do you regularly search for "headhunter"?!

("Note to self: start searching for reeeeally obscure listings")

[ Edited by: Formikahini on 2003-04-11 14:01 ]

C

Listing misspellings bery bery good to me.

Oddly enough I have an obsession with head vases!

E

Mrs. emspace is monkeygirl18, therefore the mugs are mine :). But what's the scoop guys? Are they fakes? Does everyone on TC have a half-dozen each already? That price is about $5 US ya know.

Anyway cheers, this is my housewarming prezzie to myself, one for me and one for my bro:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2316564930&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:CA:6

aloha,
emspace.

DZ

Those 'headhunter vases' are none other than good ol' Paul Marshall Productions (PMP) Marquesan-style mugs (as seen on BOT pg. 182)! Pretty common - any self-respecting collector should have one or two - but to pick up a pair for $5.00 is a great deal!

There was a time, not all that long ago, when these guys were selling individually for $50+ on eBay! There was even an unscrupulous (read: very misleading ads) seller that was selling them in sets of four for even more ridiculous amounts.

Nice score!

E

Thanx Doc Z. I "knew" what they were (could have gotten off my lazy butt and gone to the right page in BoT but didn't). What stuns me is that even though there was a thread here for all to read (hey fartsatune, thanks for the heads-up! I owe you a Mai-Tai), I was the only TC'er who bid. Hell, I was the only bidder!

Guess it was meant to be, praise Lono...

cheers,
em.

P.S. I was doing my money math in reverse. It's exactly (at today's rate) $2.42 USD. Yikes!

Great score Emspace...keep those head hunter mugs in Canada!

LOL Emspace I just noticed you hit his reserve with only $2.42 US. First time I've ever seen the start price the reserve!

I was watching the auction but couldn't think of a way to get money to canada, I'm in love with those PMP mugs but one day I'll find one.

T

You can tape it to the back of a trained budgie and tell it to head west...

Well i had thought of using a St Kilda Mail-Boat and flot the money over to canada, but the currents are all wrong this time of year.

E

On 2003-04-16 01:01, fartsatune wrote:
Great score Emspace...keep those head hunter mugs in Canada!

Yup, gonna plant petunias in 'em! Thanks again farts...

:), emski.

E

On 2003-04-16 01:03, fartsatune wrote:
LOL Emspace I just noticed you hit his reserve with only $2.42 US. First time I've ever seen the start price the reserve!

That is strange, isn't it? And this is an experienced seller too...the shipping is gonna outstrip the sale price by a LOT. and the best news of all: because of our recent home purchase, move and associated craziness, Mrs. emspace hasn't had time to pick me up a b-day prezzie (March 28), so she's picking up the tab for mugs and shipping. Sigh...it's all too hard, ain't it?

aloha,
em.

Pages: 1 13 replies