Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

amber-colored tiki glasses

Pages: 1 8 replies

A8

I saw a set of four amber colored Tiki glasses at an antique store in Palmdale, California for $12.00. They aren't what I'm looking for but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who might be.

Meaning, they are the port light/starboard light Imperial Glass Co. glasses that Trader Vic's used (green (starboard) or port (red)), but these are amber (in which case they weren't used by any tiki establishment to my knowledge)?

Or are they something else?

'Cause I've wondered the same thing! :) There is an affordable set here in Houston that I've eyed for ages, but I can't justify buying them, just because they're Imperial Glass.

UJ

Agent 86 might be referring to the two faced amber tiki goblets. Like these:

A8

Those aren't them. I should take a camera into the store with me and take a picture.

UJ

Really? Hmm I'm interested in seeing these then.

D

Unkle John - I just bought some glasses like you posted. Two transparant green ones and a clear one that is shorter than the green ones. Can you please give me some info on them?

[i]On 2009-07-31 20:47, Agent 86 wrote:[/i
I saw a set of four amber colored Tiki glasses

]

On 2009-08-23 20:52, danatwo wrote:
Unkle John - I just bought some glasses like you posted. Two transparant green ones and a clear one that is shorter than the green ones. Can you please give me some info on them?

Man, I wish I knew.

A quick search of ooga-mooga found some pics, but no manf. info.

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/search.cgi?terms=Two-Faced+Tiki&des_id=any&man_id=any&img_id=any&shp_id=any&clr_id=any&details=yes&mode=search_process&x=78&y=13]

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2009-08-24 08:03 ]

TS

I do know that as of at least 2001 until recent, they serve/sell these clear glasses at Red Robin..(Like a burger/bar here in CA).Probably still do.

Ooga Mooga also points out that the DisneyWorld Polynesia resort uses this style glass. I know nothing else like who designed it, or what company put'(s) it out. Maybe if you are interested you can email Red Robin or Polynesian Resort with your questions, and they might give you the importers or makers contact info...?

Now I'm patiently waiting for thee mystery amber colored Tiki glasses to be revealed that Agent found... :D
I looked for amber glass, and only came up with the two face above and this:

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-08-24 09:41 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies