Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Surf City Sculpture by Chicklet!!

Pages: 1 22 replies

C

Hello everyone! I have such a blast selling my artwork at the Finkniks booth every year at Tiki Oasis. Since last year I have started working in 3d so I will have a whole entourage of little "friends" with me in a few weeks at Tiki Oasis 9! Surf City, here we come! Check it out, buy 'em up, COWABUNGA! (I will continue to post photos here as I take them.)

[ Edited by: Chicklet 2009-08-01 09:33 ]

C

Going out for a sesh at 'Old Mans' (San Onofre) :)

Very whimsical, the one dude even has a bit of a sunburn. What's the media? Polymer clay?

C

Polymer, yes. The surfboards are wood.

C

Chicklet welcome to TC. These won't hardly qualify as tiki but they make me laugh :lol:

How big are these sculptures?

C

[ Edited by: Chicklet 2010-07-23 22:58 ]

C

Some are up to a foot and others are around 6 inches.

I meant that as a compliment, they're cute and they make me smile

C

[ Edited by: Chicklet 2010-07-23 23:00 ]

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Aug 2, 2009 9:23 AM

:-) I love your name and your work Chicklet! I can't wait to see these fellas at Oasis.

Those are definitely tiki, I think both of those guys are TC members :lol:

I love 'em all, especially the surfers!

Can't wait to check 'em out in person at Oasis!

Oh, and I'm envious that you get to live in my favorite little city in the whole country!

Love the Swami's background!

L

I love your sculptures! I think they have so much character and their expressions rock. You should do some sculpts in the same style of some of the artists on here...like Squid, BigToe, LLT, etc...that would be awesome!

Very nice with lots of personality... how tall are they and what materials do you use? Sculpey?

RH

Good work - the sunburn touches are really realistic.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 2, 2009 9:07 PM

These are great..Its nice to see something a lil different here on TC..Totally awesome!!Have you done anything with tikis in it?

C

Thanks so much! Cool, I cant wait to meet some new people at Tiki Oasis. I'm totally aware that my stuff isn't real traditional tiki (99% of what I do isn't tiki at all), so don't worry, I won't contaminate this site too much with my illustration/sculpture. Just thought I'd traffic these guys in real quick and see what everyone thought.:)

Hey Lake surfer, I am so lucky to be here in Encinitas. There's no place I'd rather be! I surf Swamis frequently, but I have to surf Lake Michigan someday!!

Hehe, MadDogMike, they may very well be members, I haven't looked. Which reminds me that I wanted to announce something. ahem FREE t-shirt for for the first person who comes to the Finkniks booth at TO and correctly identifies, by name, the gentleman on the right in that last photo. (yes, he was modeled after an actual person/photograph) You may have seen him at the Crowne Plaza last year.

I'm sorry I don't have a photo of the actual shirts yet, but here are my original ink drawings that are printed on them:

So, take a good look, here he is again, but with his glasses on:

Also, check out the other finkniks who are all bringing great things to the booth this year: http://www.myspace.com/finkniksarego

[ Edited by: Chicklet 2009-08-04 15:26 ]

C

Here is a photo of one of the shirts.
I can't ever get a photo shoot going outside without the goats trying to get involved.

And one more......beatfink on the bongos at tar beach.

Super cool sculpts...
Nice shirt art also...
I likie!!! :)

T
THOR's posted on Thu, Aug 6, 2009 8:19 PM

Chicklet!!

I ADORE your sculpts!!! Just really sweet stuff!! I can't wait to see it at Oasis!! Keep it coming!!

~~Aloha!! ~T

C

Thanks guys! I've been working on these coasters as well. I was thinking about offering custom ones where folks can order the logo/name of their tiki bar to be printed in the middle. Hmmmmm, I wonder if this is something people would be interested in....
Here are some of the ones I've finished. They come in sets of 4.

Drink Finks!!

Pages: 1 22 replies