Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Coruba vs Myers vs Goslings

Pages: 1 4 replies

I've been using Coruba as my go to heavy dark rum for a couple of years now, ever since the brand hit our area at least. It's been a while since I've used Myer's dark, and aside from their 151 I have never sampled Gosling's Black Seal. I would like to have another rich dark rum on hand for different recipes, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to compare and contrast these dark rums for me?

Thanks fellow TCer's!

Mahalo,

Craig

I did something like that twice a few years ago and posted about it. Not very scientific, and being that it was a few years back, my tastes might have changed. Anyway, for cheap dark rum I use Gosling's now.
Look for a post here about cheapr dark rum taste test or something like that.

Ran

H
TG

The Ministry of Rum had the very same question: Coruba vs Myers vs Goslings

Speaking of Coruba, I have two things:

1. Due to its woodiness and other earthy qualities, you can mix it in small quantities with rather cheap gold/amber rums to render a blend that is quite sipable and seems big (more expensive).

2. For years Coruba and Wray & Nephew White Overproof could be found on the Appleton Estate website, being that they were all part of the Wray & Nephew family. Now the only thing on the Appleton Estate site is Appleton. Does anyone know why?

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2009-08-04 08:14 ]

Thanks for your kind replies Gents!

Cheers,

Craig

Pages: 1 4 replies