Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Poly Pops secret special agent powers

Pages: 1 19 replies

Hanford,

Polypop said that he has superuser access to all TC members personal data! Is this true?

Not true. I didn't grant PolyPop any special user access, I just gave him a new rank.

But there's really only two bits of personal, confidential information entered into Tiki Central: your password and your email address (which optionally you can have displayed publicly). All other information you enter into Tiki Central is public information (and optional).

The passwords are stored on Tiki Central via one-way encryption, so there's NO POSSIBLE way to decrypt them, so I don't even have access to them.

I have access to people's email addresses, but I've never given them out. And I definitely haven't granted anyone the authority to do that.

So, let's just put a stop to that little rumor right now. I don't want anyone getting the wrong ideas.

~Hanford

Bong, you've been partaking of the herb haven't you.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-04-12 09:04 ]

Tiki-Bong is Anarchy!!!!!

Bong is definitely partaking of the herb. The only data that I have access to is the same data that everyone else has access to - the info in each Member's Profile.

BTW - when did I tell you I had access to everyone's data? Don't remember doing that. Maybe I'm the one who's partaking the herb. :)

Tiki Central knows my horrible, horrible past!

NO!

Actually hanford, I think you should have used the personal information as a bargaining chip. I've found the possibility of blackmail one of the strongest negotiating tools ever.

:)

I don't want any readers to think we're joking around about their personal data, so to restate:

1. The only personal data Tiki Central has is the data you entered: Password, and EMail address.

2. I don't have access to anyone's passwords. I can assign new passwords, but I can't view the existing ones. The server doesn't even store them in a decryptable format.

3. No one on Tiki Central, including PolyPop and Mig, have the ability to view people's email addresses except for me. And I for SURE have never and never will use it to blackmail anyone.

Hope that clears things up. Again, I know it's all in good fun, but I don't want any members (esp. yet-to-be-members who are new to Tiki Central and stumble across this post) to get the wrong idea. I take people's personal data seriously.

~Hanford

I think I know what Pop's special assignment is...he's the Official Greeter! I bet Hanford's even getting a vest made for him.

purple jade wrote:
I bet Hanford's even getting a vest made for him.

PJ~
Are you sure that you don't mean a straightjacket?

On 2003-04-12 15:15, purple jade wrote:
I think I know what Pop's special assignment is...he's the Official Greeter! I bet Hanford's even getting a vest made for him.

You mean, like the guy at Walmart? :-?

You mean, like the guy at Walmart?

Nothing gets past you, does it, Pop? :) And do you also get a roll of little Shecky stickers to paste on everybody that comes to the TC booth at Mondo Tiki?

Just kidding folks!

He who sits tallest (PolyPop number 1 poster) tumbles easists!

Hey Bong, I just found this old thread. Don't you have the most posts now? HAHAHAHA!

Now back to my sandwich!

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-01-22 21:59 ]

Yup, Bong's the king of Bandini Mountain now...

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-01-23 08:29 ]

On 2004-01-23 08:29, PolynesianPop wrote:
Yup, Bong's the king of Bandini Mountain now...

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-01-23 08:29 ]

Pop,

Where'd that come from?

On 2004-01-23 08:29, PolynesianPop wrote:
king of Bandini Mountain now.
**Poly-Pop ***

For the non-Southern Cal folks, Bandini Mountain is an enormous pile of manure. It's no lie, about 100 feet high. Piled in the yard of this manure distributor's packaging plant. Fresh stuff arriving every day.
I could not find the original skier goin down the mountain commercial, but I found this updated one.

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/bandinimountain.wmv

A Tiki Cheers To You

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-01-23 12:39 ]

HH

hey where is that lil pinoy boy????
hey pop I called you the other day when i was out in cali!!!!!!!!

On 2004-01-23 16:49, hula hula wrote:
hey where is that lil pinoy boy????
hey pop I called you the other day when i was out in cali!!!!!!!!

Hey Hula2,

I got some bad news for you, Pop doesn't answer his phone if me or you call.

HH

somehow i knew that!!!!!!!!!!

On 2004-01-23 12:28, Unga Bunga wrote:
For the non-Southern Cal folks, Bandini Mountain is an enormous pile of manure. It's no lie, about 100 feet high.

"Man dares to go where only COWS have gone before...."

Pages: 1 19 replies