Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oasis Room Crawl Rum Tasting Rm1749 - Or as the enigmatic Paul Nicholas once sang...

Pages: 1 11 replies

."HEAVEN ON THE 7TH FLOOR!"

Here's a chance for you to try new Rums and introduce others to your favorite Rum.
On Friday night at 7:30pm, you are invited to bring a full bottle of your favorite Rum (or other intoxicant) to share with others.

Time will (hopefully) be given to anyone that would like to introduce and give a brief synopsis of their choice to the gathered masses.

So, if you are interested in attending, please post in this thread the bottle that will be attending with you.

And like Mark stated last year, bringing a bottle is required to participate.

J

I'll be there, with a bottle in hand, but I don't know what I'll be bringing yet.

Sound fun....I love watching people pass out! I will bring a bottle of something good.

-mark

Would it be cliche to bring a bottle of Sailor Jerry?

Got a bottle of One Barrel rum today for the rum tasting. I think it is the best tasting sippable rum for the price.

http://www.onebarrelrum.com/

RR

it wold be nice if you could also provide some kind of crackers to eat between tastings. Last year after about the 15th one they all started to taste the same.

M
mieko posted on Mon, Aug 10, 2009 8:24 PM

A full bottle? Bottles don't stay full around me for long. :) But I'd love to taste some new rums, so I'll see what I can do.

Room 1749 will be offering Zaya rum from Trinidad and so that those who may be interested in a comparison
with it's "no longer available" predecessor Zaya from Guatemala, we will offer a bottle of that, also.

Oh, and I just found a half eaten sleeve of Saltines that I'll bring.

Looking forward to the Zaya tasting. Since we always travel with Spam, we will be bringing some
of the meatysalty goodness to the party. Canned meat and high class rums go great together!

TWO

Ron, your party was awesome.
Thanks for hosting such a fine shindig. I wasn't able to utilize the barf bag for it's intended purpose(I know, I wasn't trying hard enough) but I was able to fill it with enough bar snacks to last the whole night.

J

On 2009-08-19 21:15, Tai Won On wrote:
... but I was able to fill it with enough bar snacks to last the whole night.

Damn! Wish I'd thought of that! We wouldn't have had to buy snacks for our party!

MT

Here are a few pics from the rum tasting in Ron's room.

Drinking Buffalo Sweat!

Spam!

People enjoying the rum tasting festivities.

Good times! Much thanks to Ron, Vic, and anyone else involved in hosting!

Pages: 1 11 replies