Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Aug 17 - 31: Hartford, Worchester, Pittsfield

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hi folks,

I'll be in the Northeast for the last 2 weeks of the month on a working vacation. While I don't expect to find any tiki, I'd love to meet some locals from the areas to get a local's view of the land.

And good local eats (local brew, dishes, etc). Emphasis on the food stuff.

Please email me.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2009-08-06 21:40 ]

Hey Liz,

There's a few places in Worcester that have a LITTLE tiki left in them (Ken Chins is one of the better ones. GREAT food). Most were "renovated" in the 80s and the decor was all torn out. If you can get out toward Boston, there are some GREAT spots. Places we hit on the Northeast Tiki Tour every year. (Kowloon, Bali Hai, South Pacific, Mon Kou)

Up outside of Springfield, MA (about 1/2 hour north of Hartford) the HuKeLau in Chicopee still has a Polynesian floor show and some good decor (its no mai kai, but what is?) Food is pretty good, but the drinks are TERRIBLE...and pretty much booze-free.

As far as Hartford, you're S.O.L. on tiki there, but for good eats, there's some great little spots outside the city.

What exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help hook ya up.

Pittsfield is pretty close to Lenox, which is the home of Luau Hale, where the northeast Tiki Retreat was held this year.

Worcester is also crawling with cool eateries. Several diners, George's Coney Island Hot Dogs, Wonder Bar, Dino's & many more.

Just so you know, it's pronounced Wistah! :lol:

Pages: 1 4 replies