Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Smuggler's Cove Introduces Eurydice Rum

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

PRESS RELEASE

SMUGGLER’S COVE INTRODUCES EURYDICE RUM

SAN FRANCISCO, CA- Smuggler’s Cove, San Francisco’s forthcoming destination for rum and exotic cocktails, proudly announces Eurydice, a new rum crafted exclusively for Smuggler’s Cove. Handcrafted by the artisan distillers of St. George Spirits in consultation with Smuggler’s Cove owner Martin Cate, Eurydice (yur-id-ih-see) is a completely unique rum. Eurydice starts with the fresh-pressed cane juice of 100% California-grown sugar cane. The cane, grown in Southern California, is harvested and crushed at St George Spirits’ Alameda facility where it is fermented with two strains of wine yeast designed to accent the fruit and floral notes of the cane. Eurydice is then distilled in an alembic pot still and aged in two different barrels: a re-toasted French wine cask, followed by a used bourbon barrel to develop subtle vanilla, brown sugar, and butter notes. The final product marries these characteristics to the light, dry, floral qualities of an agricole-style rhum for a unique rum experience.

Eurydice is a 100% California grown and produced artisan product. The name derives from Zerene Eurydice, the California state butterfly. Eurydice was produced in extremely limited quantities and will be available exclusively at Smuggler’s Cove when it opens to the public this fall.

For more information, please visit http://www.smugglerscovesf.com/ and sign up on our mailing list to get all the latest news.

About Martin Cate: http://www.martincate.com/
About St. George Spirits: http://www.stgeorgespirits.com/
Contact Martin Cate at [email protected]

[ Edited by: martiki 2009-08-07 10:45 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2011-06-21 08:58 ]

J

Dude! Congratulations! Can't wait to give this a taste (or three or more)!

H

Martin, you rock! This is great news! I can't wait to try some. Or better yet, buy a case.

Excellent!

As if I needed another reason to get to SC!

Best of luck.

T

So will you have a drink called Orpheus on the menu?

You kinda hafta now...!

That is awesome that Smuggler's Cove will have its very own house rum!!! Congrats....can't wait to try it!

Hey Martin- will you have this at Tiki Oasis to give it a try ?
Look forward to talking to you at Tiki Oasis .

TWO

Congrats to "the Hardest Working Man in the Bar Owner, Drink Mixing, Symposium Speaking, Drink Consulting, Rum Making, Party Hosting Business". There is always a lot of pots boilin' on that stove (and they all contain somthin' good).
I know you don't need my "wishes of great success" but I'm sending 'em anyway.

H

On 2009-08-07 19:37, 1961surf wrote:
Hey Martin- will you have this at Tiki Oasis to give it a try ?

You must have missed this:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33485&forum=17&vpost=475369

Brilliant!

Another piece of playground equipment!

Hear-hear, Martin!

Martin, I salute you!
This guy keeps topping good ideas with even better ones.
Ran

M

On 2009-08-07 18:30, tikibars wrote:
So will you have a drink called Orpheus on the menu?

You kinda hafta now...!

I do like the idea that Eurydice led Orpheus into the underworld- I thought about all the times that rum had led me into the underworld, too!

But yeah, I did think the same thing the drink, JT!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support- there's more surprises in store at The Cove! Stay Tuned!

Does Eurydice's taste resemble other rums out there, such as 10 Cane?

M

On 2009-08-10 10:37, Shaun of theTiki wrote:
Does Eurydice's taste resemble other rums out there, such as 10 Cane?

It tastes closest to an eleve sous bois agricole, with a slight twist or two,

On 2009-08-11 21:03, martiki wrote:
It tastes closest to an eleve sous bois agricole, with a slight twist or two,

Martin, congrats on your new rum.
I hope you don't mind me (wouldn't stop me anyway) posting a pic of the rum you mentioned. I'm sure some people have not heard of this brand.
.......AND notice it is from Martin-ique.
Surely your rum will gain it's own notoriety/description in time.
Looking forward to Smuggler's Cove.

Martin, thanks for sharing a few sips of your rum with us at Tiki Oasis.

Definitely took me into the underworld

And it's tasty, too!

Pages: 1 15 replies