Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

aug 13 tiki shuttle & new tiki walk just added!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Due to popular demand by all you Hodads and Surf Betties & Bunnies...
"Where You Want To Be Tours" is adding a special TIKI Beach Walking Tour on Friday, 8/14 featuring "FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY'S TIKI ISLAND 3 SHOW" in Mission Beach and several nearby hidden gems NOT featured in your Tiki Guidebooks!

Here's the deal - if you buy tickets NOW for our August 13th Shuttle Bus, you can join us on the 8/14 Walking Tour FOR FREE! The tour will kick off at 11am in Mission Beach and it's an EASY, LEISURELY WALK that'll run for approx 90 minutes. When you sign up for the bus, let us know if you're interested in the walk and we'll send you directions on where to meet, as well as directions to the Legendary Tiki Shack at Windansea Beach!

If you don't sign up for the bus, the cost of the walking tour is $10.

And if that's not incentive enough - don't forget that the first 30 people who sign up for our 4:30pm shuttle will receive a FREE MAI TAI at THE PEARL HOTEL near Shelter Island. We still have a few more slots but they're going fast! Dinner specials will also be offered. Check out this cool boutique hotel at http://www.thepearlsd.com

To sign up: email us at [email protected] Tell us the # of people in your party and if you prefer a shuttle time from Crowne Plaza to the Bali Hai.

Help us spread the word and tell your friends. Thanks everyone - see you next week!

Warmest Aloha,
Darlynne & Marc
Where You Want To Be Tours, Inc.
http://www.wheretours.com

J

Wait a minute! So this "walking tour" does not include a bus ride to the location of the walking tour?!?

The reason people were asking for the bus to go to Freaky Boutiki is because a lot of people will be flying/riding to San Diego for Oasis, so they won't have cars available to them to get to Mission Beach. Those with transportation can easily find their own way to Freaky Boutiki without having to pay $10 to walk for 90 minutes to see a bunch of stuff they may not care to see.

I think the "popular demand" you mention was for a bus from the Crowne Plaza to Freaky Boutiki and back. I bet there would be a busload of folks who would be willing to pay $10-15 for that on Friday afternoon!

Yea I would totes need a ride to the walking tour - flying in from Tx and will be sans car :)

On 2009-08-11 09:38, hodadhank wrote:
After an unprecedented visit by not one but TWO Menkins I have been assured an actual Wheretour (which sadly has precious little to do with werewolves) will finally be stopping at my little old shop.

We've been talking about a stop here for years. I even had lapulapus and snackies ready for the gaggle of promised "wheretourists" we all expected one year. We excitedly borrowed a booze dispenser from Onatiki & Moki for that one, but the bus must have zoomed directly to Partysupplyland instead... so I've taken everything a single Menkin says with a grain of salt since, much like a thimble sized margarita.

I'd begun to think these magical busses were actually fanciful tales to keep children on their toes like the legend of the Chupacabra or the Sasquach, but a promise from TWO MENKINS??? Unheard of. I'm gonna have to take that as gospel and trust Lucy hold that football for me one more time.

(Of course this tour doesn't involve a bus at all.)

However you get to FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY the artwork is well worth the effort. Some of your favorite artists are on hand (well their work at least) and we're very proud to be hosting the American gallery debut of PAIPO! Carpool hitchhike or taxi to the Wheretour special meeting place and the Menkin's will lead you from there. You might even pass HodadHank's hidden Mint Marq or Guava Beach's Mellow Moai on your adventure...

While in Historic Mission Beach, since you don't have to race back to a waiting bus, you might want to enjoy a ride on the historic Giant Dipper roller coaster ar take a giant dip in the historic Pacific Ocean.

Mahalo Menkins and wheretours for finally putting us on the map... uh there is a map isn't there? Just in case here's one from map quest... We're only about ten minutes away from the Hanalei.(unless you're hitchhiking).
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=San+Diego&1s=CA&1a=2270+Hotel+Circle+North&1z=92108&2c=San+Diego&2s=CA&2a=3742+Mission+Blvd&2z=92109

Pages: 1 3 replies