Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Tattoo Artists at The T.O?

Pages: 1 13 replies

R

Anyone feel free to chime in here...

I know at Rockabilly weekenders there are Tattoo artists(ie; Viva Las Vegas), but I am SPECIFICALLY looking to meet inkers who specialize in Tiki Art.

Will there be any vending at the Car Show or Marketplace???

I'd be even more intersted in tattoo artists that specialize in native tribal tattoos, i.e. Tahitian, Maori, Hawaiian, etc.

As far as I know I've never seen a tattoo artist vending at Oasis, however, there are a ton of tattoo shops in the San Diego area. Some may even be good :)

Come to think of it, I've been to the last 4 VLV's and the Rockabilly Rave and I've never seen a working tattoo artist there either. Hawleywood's Barber Shop wasn't even allowed to cut hair at the Gold Coast, due to health dept. regulations.

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2009-08-12 05:24 ]

R

On 2009-08-12 05:21, Jason Wickedly wrote:
As far as I know I've never seen a tattoo artist vending at Oasis, however, there are a ton of tattoo shops in the San Diego area. Some may even be good :)

Come to think of it, I've been to the last 4 VLV's and the Rockabilly Rave and I've never seen a working tattoo artist there either. Hawleywood's Barber Shop wasn't even allowed to cut hair at the Gold Coast, due to health dept. regulations.

Hmmm, I thought they did. Maybe I got it confused with the Sin City Stomp. Thanx for the tip Jason!

BTW-I got my 1st tattoo (an "x" on my ring finger) when I was 18 at Ocean Beach! :)

Although I did hear if you give BigToe a bottle of india ink, a needle, and a ballpoint pen he does a mean prison tattoo.

I got my first at a shop across the street from the Orleans in Las Vegas. By the next time we went back, the shop was (not surprisingly) long gone.

HM

You can try Tattoo Gallery in Huntington Beach. Jasin, aka Sin is Hawaiian and does amazing work, and he can collaborate with you to design something original and beautiful! They are on the corner of Beach Blvd. and Adams, next to The Pen (a bar). 19921 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, CA 92648 - 714-969-4700. Good Luck!!

B

i will be doing prison tattoos at Pappy Hagglers from midnight to 2am. every tattoo comes with a complimenterary suckling pig. lol

actually Dave at the Finkniks booth is a PHENOMENAL tattoo artist, but i doubt he can legally tattoo at his booth...but his trailer will be there all weekend (hint hint).
The finkniks are inside across from GHOULIGANS HUT.

On 2009-08-12 18:06, Aloha John wrote:
You might try inquiring at the Finkniks Booth-

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=20765&forum=18&start=0

Dave from the FINKNIKS has done work on me and is fast, accurate and gentle... he sometimes calls himself Angelo Veloce (speed angel) but seriously his work is awesome... highly recommended and his shop Avalon II is only 5 mins from Tiki Oasis..

thanks guys that means a lot from the two of you!

R

On 2009-08-13 13:20, Hula Mama wrote:
You can try Tattoo Gallery in Huntington Beach. Jasin, aka Sin is Hawaiian and does amazing work, and he can collaborate with you to design something original and beautiful! They are on the corner of Beach Blvd. and Adams, next to The Pen (a bar). 19921 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, CA 92648 - 714-969-4700. Good Luck!!

"X"clnt idea! Thanx Hula Mama :)

R

On 2009-08-19 16:26, RoseRed wrote:

On 2009-08-13 13:20, Hula Mama wrote:

"X"clnt idea! Thanx Hula Mama :)

...and Big Toe and Tiki Trav! :)

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 21, 2009 11:33 PM

On 2009-08-14 22:32, Tiki Trav wrote:
Dave from the FINKNIKS has done work on me and is fast, accurate and gentle... he sometimes calls himself Angelo Veloce (speed angel) but seriously his work is awesome... highly recommended and his shop Avalon II is only 5 mins from Tiki Oasis..

Dave from the Finkniks has inked me too!
a few years ago the day after Tiki Oasis!

On 2009-08-12 05:21, Jason Wickedly wrote:

That's an almost impossible permit to obtain and I'm pretty sure the Hanalei would want nothing to do with it. Trae from Pricz Tattoo in Las Vegas was trying to get something organized and it was one red-taped brick wall after another. EVERY station has to have a bio-hazard sink and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Would be cool to see that happen in the bungalos where we had our first carving village, though.

Pages: 1 13 replies