Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can you help me identify this mug??!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi Friends,

I picked up this mug over the 4th of July weekend in a little dusty junk shop outside of Seattle.

It is unmarked, but I think it is really lovely and unusual.

I love the drip glazing, and the seahorse handle and reef relief are really nicely detailed.

Anybody seen this before, and/or know something about where it came from?

Mucho Mahalo for you help! :)

~ Atomikitty

UT

Nice mug. I have seen a couple of those in the wild up here in Michigan. I believe they are hobby mugs. Of the ones I saw both were dated and signed by different folks and had different glazes. A great design though.

O

Cool mug, reminds me of the seahorse mug. I found a mystery mug too. Anyone have a clue?

Atomikitty, i love that mug! So delicate. No clue about it, though.

Ojaitimo, isn't that a vase? I'm not familiar with many (well, any) square mugs, although I'm sure as soon as I hit Submit, someone will post 3 shots.

...which is actually why I'm gonna go ahead and hit Submit :wink:
F

O

You mean I've been drinking out of a flower pot? OK, my Mystery solved.

Here is whats left of my seahorse mug after a earth quake. ($6.00 for museum putty since that day? Priceless). Maybe your mug came from Honolulu too Suzy?

And square mugs do exist. just harder to get.

Squid's Slot mug that you get at Frankie's Tiki Room in Las Vegas. The other mug is from the Beachcomber in Malibu also made by Tiki Farm. The paper bag is a ceramic joke mug that Dick Clark Productions gave away.

Aren't you guys kinda derailing kittys thread.I think she would like some insightful
info on what company made the mug ,and if it was ever used to serve a specialty drink
at a polynesian type restaurant back in the day.

Pages: 1 5 replies