Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

custom painted guitar and longboard summer projects!

Pages: 1 1 replies

Aloha all-
Guess it's been a spell since I posted, but that don't mean my mind has wandered far from the tropical! Here are some pics of two interesting projects that I've been focusing on over the last few months. The first is an acoustic guitar that I custom painted, but the real fun starts when the lights go out. All the underpainting was done in luminous, glow-in-the-dark acrylic, so that, in darkness, the scene can be viewed as if seen by moonlight! Unfortunately, luminous items are pretty tough to capture with a camera, so you'll have to trust me on this one- the effect is a mindblower! I'll have it on display at Tiki Oasis next weekend, so come on by to get an up close look-

The second project involved transforming a $10 swapmeet epoxy/glass slalom waterski into a giant downhill longboard. I removed all the old hardware, filled in all the pukas, conjured a wicked tropical paint scheme, added some original tiki totem hand-rendered graphics, outfitted it with classic Cadillac wheels and Independent trucks, and whamo!, you've got the wildest hi-speed skate around! I'll have this wacky item available for inspection at Oasis as well-
Well that's it kiddies, let me know whatcha think of all these shenanigans, and I'll see ya all in the nether regions of SoCal next weekend-

Aloha,

Chris Conaway

Welcome flaskgrasper. It's really great to take something that's not very attractive and to put a custom touch to it - you "Tikified" these! Thanks for posting them!

Pages: 1 1 replies