Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Los Straitjackets at Slim's in SF on Sept 12

Pages: 1 10 replies

L

I know there are plenty of folks on here who would love to see Los Straitjackets play and I just got word they are on Sept 12 at Slim's in SF

Tickets are $18

The other band playing is Southern Culture on the Skids who always put on a great show and are a great pairing with LS.

Here is a link to Slim's:
http://www.slims-sf.com/

And where to order tickets:
http://www.slimstickets.com

They are expected to sell out so get em while you can!

Oh yeah. Just picked up the latest Straightjackets CD. Luckily I'm coming to town that weekend for work...should be an awesome show.

We saw them a few years back in So CA and they put on a great show!

TWO

They are also playing in Santa Cruz with Southern Culture on The Skids at Moe's 9-11-09

[ Edited by: Tai Won On 2009-08-31 21:57 ]

L

They were awesome last night...and the guys are super nice allowing us to take goofy pics with them.

BUT the highlight of the Southern Culture on the Skids set was when Retrodiva got on stage and danced. I tried to say hi to ya but you were closer to the stage than I so instead I took these rather grainy pics of ya!

Hope everyone who went enjoyed themselves as much as we did!

T

Been a big fan of Los Straitjackets (& SCOTS) for years and I'm finally getting the chance to see them next weekend at the Long Beach Lobster Fest. Needless to say I'm very excited...I haven't had a good lobster in months!

(Kidding. The only reason we're going is to see those rockin' luchadores!)

Hey Tobor63, don't go to the LB lobsterfest, they are at the San Pedro Lobsterfest. Wish we could go. Go early, you have to shuttle in.

They are also in West Hollywood Dec. 18 at the Troubador, that should be awesome!

T

Right, I meant the L.A. Lobster Fest in San Pedro. Really looking forward to seeing them. So what's this about having to shuttle in? Los Straitjackets don't go on until 9:00 pm so I don't want to spend all day there waiting for their show, but what time do you think we should get there?

And thanks for the news about the Troubadour. That'll be a great venue for them.

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2009-09-14 11:02 ]

I am not sure what time you should head there, but I have tried to go a few times and have turned around and went to eat lobster at Berth 55 when they insisted the only way to get in was from a remote lot via shuttle. Maybe someone else has the scoop on how early to get there.

I went to the San Pedro Lobster Fest last year.
once you get in its good times.
but you have to park about 4 miles south of it, and then ride a bus in.
kinda a big hassle, and a bit of time.
30 min each way, with wait.
I think.
if you walked it would be about the same.

the show in Hollywood in Dec. will be them doing X-mas songs,
and will have a singer.
so if you want to see a regular show, not X-mas
go to the Lobster fest.

I might be there.
Jeff(btd)
p.s. SCOTS are playing at the Echoplex in LA sat night.

here is the rest of the Ca. shows they have this month

Mon, Sep. 14 2009 Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
co-bill with Southern Culture on the Skids Chico, CA
Tue, Sep. 15 2009 The Blank Club
co-bill with Southern Culture on the Skids San Jose, CA
Wed, Sep. 16 2009 Last Day Saloon
co-bill with Southern Culture on the Skids Santa Rosa, CA
Thu, Sep. 17 2009 John Ascuaga's Celebrity Nugget
co-bill with Southern Culture on the Skids Sparks, NV
Fri, Sep. 18 2009 Harlow's
w/ Southern Culture on the Skids Sacramento, CA
Sat, Sep. 19 2009 Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival San Pedro, CA

Pages: 1 10 replies