Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Stuff For Oasis. Mosaics, Pendants & Shirts. Updated with Kahiki Pendant

Pages: 1 9 replies

Here are some new mosaics we've made...

We're also making a very limited (4) run of pendants. Each one is hand made from glass, mounted in metal and protected with a shiny resin coating. This is our interpretation of the Luau 400 logo and we're also making a few (5) Kahiki Pendants.

And finally we've got some shirts, embroidered with logos of a few of our favorite long-gone Tiki establishments. Again, we only have a limited number of these. The folks who pre-ordered them from us, we got ya covered. Otherwise it's strictly first come, first shirted.

Oh, and a mosaic of Bruce Lee, the famous surfing tiki guy....

Cheers!!! And we'll see you at Oasis.

M&M

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-12 08:14 ]

Prices please!

T

Wow, mosaics lookin GREAT! Pendant is sleek! Thanks for changing my view of what a mosaic could be! See ya in a few days!

AtomicChick: Prices for the shirts are: M/L/XL are $48, the XXL is $50. We are still working on pricing for the pendants and individual mosaics.

Tony: Glad you like the work. Yeah, we don't really do the 'traditional' mosaic thing.

See you real soon.... Mahalo!

ch

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-11 15:21 ]

Here's The Kahiki Pendant, a flower pendant and a red skull pendant...

ch

L

Great stuff. Nothing says a weekend of Tiki Debauchery like Bruce Lee! :wink:

I remember seeing the "Aloha/Trader Vic's Salt shaker" piece somewhere but you had sold it. I really liked it for its size since I am lacking in wall space.

I can't remember if you only do 1 of each or if a design can be duplicated.

Any info on that would be appreciated!

Liz, Thanks for the props. We usually only do 1 of anything, but we've kinda broken our rule this year, certainly in the pendant department.

All of these are individually made so no 2 are ever exactly the same, but it's the first time we've 'mass produced' anything. We have a different Aloha sign with a Paul Marshall salt shaker on it that we're bringing with us. Stop by on Saturday morning if you're interested, or even just to say 'Aloha'

ch (Mark & Maggie)

M&M, your glassworks brighten the soul! :D

Photos don't do these complex and laborous jewels justice. To see them upclose and observe the subtle nuances in textured shardes assembled into a visionary pane...is bliss.

Knockout designs you two and your steeply discounted pieces are a steal!! :o

If you are fortunate enough to attend Oasis... Velvet Glass Mosaics is a must for any tikiroom and thatch bar! :)

Thanks Mr. J

Yeah, no matter how good the photos are (and mine certainly leave a lot to be desired) they never manage to capture the intricacies of glass. Thanks for the props, though. Mightily appreciated over here.

look forward to seeing you this weekend...

M&M

I really like the pendants! great stuff!

Amy

Pages: 1 9 replies