Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Room Crawl Hosts - Ice Ice Baby

Pages: 1 7 replies

TWO

If you are hosting a stop on the crawl for the first time, believe me, you will need way more ice than the hotel ice machines can provide.
With already nearly 300 crawlers they will be taxed beyond their capability.
I recommend coolers full of ice purchased off site.
Just a word of advice.

hear hear...7 eleven sells bagged ice that's between cubes and crushed... That's the best type to use.

nice to see somebody is thinking ahead.

cheers to that.

Jeff(btd)

Check into bagged ice from Sonic Drive-in, too. Here (Dallas area), they're selling it for $.99/10 lb. bag. It's that crunchy nugget-style ice, much better than cubes for making drinks. And when the drink's finished, you can chew it, if you're one of those ice chewers.

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-08-10 22:15 ]

On 2009-08-10 22:11, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Check into bagged ice from Sonic Drive-in, too.

We only have 1 Sonic in San Diego county right now. It opened a couple months ago and is about 20 miles from the hotel. They have a few more planned and under construction in the area.
The next closest one is in Anaheim, maybe 85 miles away...

Buzzy Out!

HA!!! Even podunk El Centro has a Sonic! (but they charge $1.69 for 10 lbs of ice instead of $0.99)

TWO

Ye be warned

###Hello Everyone - from the right coast. Although I've been seriously lost in Tiki and Surfing for over fort-five years, this is my first post! I'm an - under the radar type, anti-social, reclusive, old school, cranky old bastard - writer. Anyway, I didn't get to surf Mission Beach during Tiki Oasis 7.
Is there a chance in hell that anyone will be surfing Fri morning and would include this East Coast Kook in the mix? I'll give you a FREE copy of my new book - "Bed Time Stories for Surfers" and/or CASH! At least come by the book signing or look me up before hand to talk story and say "Shaka Dude," during the Oasis.

Sorry I stepped in it! Maybe next time I can post correctly.

[ Edited by: Hangtentiki 2009-08-12 11:32 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies