Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Unique Hula and Hawaiian Music Show in Hollywood Aug 29

Pages: 1 0 replies

K

Ke Po'okela Cultural Foundation presents the Kilohana Dance Company in Na Ali'i: Hawaiian Monarchy

Sat. August 29, 8:30 p.m. at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre in Hollywood - a Hawaiian music & dance extravaganza!

My good friend kumu hula Rolanda Reese will be debuting her Kilohana Dance Company at the Ford Amphitheatre in Hollywood this month!
Na Ali'i: Hawaiian Monarchy is a tribute to the Kings and Queens of Hawaii - from King Kamehameha to Queen Lili’uokalani - whose saga will be eloquently expressed in mesmerizing dance movement as performed by the Kilohana Dance Company, choreographed and directed by Kumu Hula Rolanda Reese and set to live music by renowned Hawaiian Na Hoku Hanohano award-winning musicians: Horace Dudoit III, Chris Kamaka (as in Kamaka 'ukulele) and Glen Smith.

This special performance marks the debut of the Kilohana Dance Company at the Ford - 35 beautiful hula dancers performing traditional and contemporary dances, plus a special choir from the First Samoan Congregational Christian Church singing traditional 5-part harmony. Kumu hula Patrick Makuakane, whose dance company has performed at Carnegie Hall, will narrate the event.

This event is presented by the Ke Po'okela Cultural Foundation and is a part of the Target Dance Series in the beautiful outdoor Ford Amphitheatre nestled in the Hollywood Hills.
Tickets: Adults $35, Student/child $5
To purchase tickets:
Phone: 323-461-3673
email: mjbenrahm @ aol.com
http://www.fordtheatres.org/en/events/090829_2030.asp

Pages: 1 0 replies