Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

who is this in Seattle?

Pages: 1 12 replies

P

Someone named Mimi....
I'm expecting a call back from her..most likely this weekend,or sometime before the world ends...

Thats Mimi Payne.She is a big collector.

W

"Mimi" and on Craigslist? Sounds like a totally made up name and an iffy situation. If she's such a hot shot big collector I'm sure we'd know about her.

I don't know if this is the same Mimi but Mimi Payne is an impresive collector, check out her webpage.

http://www.arkivatropika.com/cgi-bin/

S

oh yeah, one of THOSE collectors.
the kind that doesnt call the girl that lives down the street to tell her shes sellin stuff.
that TURD!

W

Do yuh mean that girl who has so much cool stuff fillin' up her house that she can't hardly walk down the hall with killin' herself? Yeah, that girl needs more stuff.

I have never met her , just communicated via email with her.She sounded like a
nice gal.I believe her name is calypso girl on ebay and she has been thinning
out her collection lately...not 100% sure .From what I have seen she has a
pretty impressive vintage paper tiki and Hawaiiana Euphoria collection, as well
as mugs and bowls.

that was actually my Witco set I sold to Mimi a few yrs ago. I even made those covers for the seats. I ownbed it for about 12 yrs before I parted with it. I just didnt have the room in my house. and am focusing more on fine mid century pieces of furniture.
IT looks like it needs a good waxing

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2009-08-17 20:55 ]

S

too much stuff in her house, my, who on earth could that be?

P

Yup, It's Mimi, all right...I made the trek down to her house yesterday...really nice gal..I would have chatted her for hours, but I had to drop off some mugs to be fired and finish up my new High Fire ceramic
"poi Dog paradise" plaque.
Any hoo, MY Witco now! MINE MINE MINE! MUAHAHAHAH!
Thanks Dawn for the beautifully sewn covers on the seats. they are still in great condit. You're right, the wood looks thirsty.any suggestions on what kind of oil or wax to give it to drink?
BTW, I asked her if She had anything else She wanted to move out of her collection, and She said maybe soon...
At my suggestion, she'll post stuff on TC next time through!

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-08-18 14:03 ]

"Mimi" is a myth. The name is based on a pun at the expense of overly acquisitive collectors (i.e. "Me! Me!). A few image googles with readily reveal that the huge paper collection is actually just a modest collection of internet images. The rotating group of pranksters behind the mythical Mimi have created a female online personna, but everyone who tells you they have met this "Mimi" in person has either been duped or is part of the scam.

I'm sorry to be a spoilsport and ruin the prank, but it's just getting a bit tired.

On 2009-08-18 19:01, monkeyskull wrote:
"Mimi" is a myth. The name is based on a pun at the expense of overly acquisitive collectors (i.e. "Me! Me!). A few image googles with readily reveal that the huge paper collection is actually just a modest collection of internet images. The rotating group of pranksters behind the mythical Mimi have created a female online personna, but everyone who tells you they have met this "Mimi" in person has either been duped or is part of the scam.

I'm sorry to be a spoilsport and ruin the prank, but it's just getting a bit tired.

Hey, wait a second. Then who was that blond bombshell calling herself "Mimi" that I met behind
the old Trader Vics sign to purchase "extra" Voodoo Lounge mugs??

Pages: 1 12 replies